The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

2 minutes ago, monk0nuggets said:

Honey is a Chrome pluggin that automatically applies any discounts that are available to any given site!

(also, this site isn't processing my order - it keeps failing to verify my address?)

Cool.  Never heard of it before but I'll have to check it out.  I'm not sure what's going on with the address.  I would say try another browser but I'm guessing you need to use chrome to get your discount.  You should also try a referral link and see if you get the $10 store credit too to double up.  Are you in the US or international?

7 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Cool.  Never heard of it before but I'll have to check it out.  I'm not sure what's going on with the address.  I would say try another browser but I'm guessing you need to use chrome to get your discount.  You should also try a referral link and see if you get the $10 store credit too to double up.  Are you in the US or international?

US - also, where are these referral codes? I see your link, but nothing happens when I click it except a new Vinyl Me tab with the main page open.

1 minute ago, monk0nuggets said:

US - also, where are these referral codes? I see your link, but nothing happens when I click it except a new Vinyl Me tab with the main page open.

It's not so much a code.  You just use the link and sign up without navigating away and it will show as a $10 credit in your account.  

3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I think i was more confusion that it's not actually a code, that when you click on it it just takes you to their main page.  

Yeap, I'm not a morning person so I misread :) Edited it up...

I'll say this, whoever stuck in their referral link to Honey must be getting a king's ransom. 

1 hour ago, monk0nuggets said:

So, question - If I were to join right now, would I be getting Tidal first, or their next release? I can't seem to find details on the site.

Edit: It seems so. 

I just joined a couple of days ago and they said I will start with Demon Days this month.

here's what I got via email: 

"you'll start with Demon Days and then the June Record of the Month which will be announced 5/23."

so.. I take it I won't get Tidal. 

Edited by dutchflowers

1 minute ago, dutchflowers said:

I just joined a couple of days ago and they said I will start with Demon Days this month and then the next record will be the June record, which gets announced 5/23. 

Were you on the wait list for Demon Days?

1 minute ago, dutchflowers said:

I just joined a couple of days ago and they said I will start with Demon Days this month and then the next record will be the June record, which gets announced 5/23. 

It seems like if you join via a Demon Days invite, that'll substitute Tidal as your first release. And then in June you'd resume getting what every other member is. That was my impression at least.

1 minute ago, RhoBearToe said:

A friend of mine just sent me a referral code. I know there is the monthly exclusive and you get access to the exclusive records in the online store. But how is the store that you guys keep referring to that will be available the 16th different from the one I can already see now?

The new items are just added to the same VMP store that day.

2 minutes ago, RhoBearToe said:

Ahhh, that makes sense. Thanks! So I'm assuming that stuff sells out quickly? That's why people are keyed onto the date they go up?

Some stuff goes quicker than others.  There is a thread on the VMP message board with a preview of some of the stuff that will be in the store.  It usually opens around noon.  (There is a Fleet Foxes exclusive of the new album that is on the flier for the store next month but hasn't been officially announced yet).

2 minutes ago, monk0nuggets said:

I figured out my address verification problem. I moved last year and never changed my credit card address within my Paypal account. Weirdly, this has never been a problem until now, but it's fixed!

Cool.  I've never heard of that happening before but I'm glad you got it sorted out.  Enjoy the club!

5 minutes ago, ghost said:

Has anyone here ever been to VMP's The Spins event? It sounds like fun and I'm planning on going next week.

I've been twice to events in San Francisco - first one (the Fugees)  seemed like people were there specifically for the event, second time (Gorillaz) seems like it was mainly spillover from happy hour. Both times I won records so I definitely enjoyed it! 

Edited by tvham

27 minutes ago, ghost said:

Has anyone here ever been to VMP's The Spins event? It sounds like fun and I'm planning on going next week.

the venue is the most important part, if its at a pretty cool place (which it typically is) it's usually s good time. and as @tvham was saying, they give away stuff almost the entire time while listening to the AOTM/drinking.

3 hours ago, tvham said:

I've been twice to events in San Francisco - first one (the Fugees)  seemed like people were there specifically for the event, second time (Gorillaz) seems like it was mainly spillover from happy hour. Both times I won records so I definitely enjoyed it! 

3 hours ago, ethereal said:

the venue is the most important part, if its at a pretty cool place (which it typically is) it's usually s good time. and as @tvham was saying, they give away stuff almost the entire time while listening to the AOTM/drinking.

Sounds fun! Thanks for the info guys!

2 minutes ago, ethereal said:

word on the street is that fleet foxes are AOTM. Dunno how true it is but given there are absolutely no variants for the new album, it could be why.

apparently the signed copies will have a chance to be randomly inserted with every order.

I'm pretty sure Fleet Foxes is going to be a store exclusive not AOTM.  It's on the flier for next month's stored limited to 1,500 copies.  One of the staff members over at the VMP forum said that the signed copies were not really for VMP.  I don't know if they were just trying to plant doubt or if that is true though.  

3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I'm pretty sure Fleet Foxes is going to be a store exclusive not AOTM.  It's on the flier for next month's stored limited to 1,500 copies.  One of the staff members over at the VMP forum said that the signed copies were not really for VMP.  I don't know if they were just trying to plant doubt or if that is true though.  

The Storfer fella seemed pretty adamant that the instagram post was wrong and the signed copies aren't for VMP. But yeah, it's def a store exclusive and not AOTM. They wouldn't have put next month's AOTM on the flier.