The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Just now, Green Tea Papi said:

Can I really not sign up for one month??  What is this trash? I don't wanna pay $80 for the record, at that rate I might as well big it off discogs

You could but you wouldn't get 2 additional records if you buy it off Discogs.  It's insane that a record club actually wants you to join a record club!

2 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

You could but you wouldn't get 2 additional records if you buy it off Discogs.  It's insane that a record club actually wants you to join a record club!

Yeah but I remember prior maybe like Feb you could sign up for just one month and get the record you want it was like $35. It's not worth $80 becuase most of the records don't appeal to me and I doubt I'll get return on investment if I sign up unless they press another Thug or Demon Days. 

5 minutes ago, Green Tea Papi said:

Yeah but I remember prior maybe like Feb you could sign up for just one month and get the record you want it was like $35. It's not worth $80 becuase most of the records don't appeal to me and I doubt I'll get return on investment if I sign up unless they press another Thug or Demon Days. 

There is a limited amount of 1 month subscriptions available. It was never an issue before because they never sold out of them but the last two months have had increased demand so the cap finally happened. You just unfortunately missed the window when 1 month subs were available for May.

Also, if you buy the record on Discogs for $80, you paid $80 for 1 record.

If you buy the 3 month sub and sell the other 2 for $15 each, you'd have paid $50 for 1 record.

Edited by richardsurf

6 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

There is a limited amount of 1 month subscriptions available. It was never an issue before because they never sold out of them but the last two months have had increased demand so the cap finally happened. You just unfortunately missed the window when 1 month subs were available for May.

If you buy the 3 month sub and sell the other 2 for $15 each, you'd have paid $50 for 1 record.

What is this "math" you speak of?

7 minutes ago, richardsurf said:

Spoiler

ezgif.com-optimize%20(8)_3.gif

It's still $80 I don't want to spend

Also, and maybe this is more to the general audience in case anyone is in a similar boat, keep in mind that this pressing has had some issues (locked grooves and skips). So, if you buy from VMP, it'll be easier to get a replacement sent to you for free than if you buy from some moody teenager in Oklahoma who just wants your $80 and would rather you eat his shorts than help you get a replacement.

45 minutes ago, Andthejets27 said:

Hopefully the rumors of them pressing other Fiona records for the store are true.

I heard that too, but I'm more enthused about the other rumors I heard that are coming up. Like the U2 War and possible Tool... :Gulp:

I have to decide whether I should join now or wait another month. Of course I would miss out on the Demon Days invite if I don't latch on now...

32 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

I heard that too, but I'm more enthused about the other rumors I heard that are coming up. Like the U2 War and possible Tool... :Gulp:

I have to decide whether I should join now or wait another month. Of course I would miss out on the Demon Days invite if I don't latch on now...

Where is this U2 rumor coming from? I've seen that twice today.

12 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Where is this U2 rumor coming from? I've seen that twice today.

OK this is what I ran into the other day and has been eating me up since cuz no one was talking about it. I almost mentioned it up there a bit, but deleted it cuz I thought it was too crazy cuz it is all hearsay.

But first I just want to say that these are hear say and I don't want to be involved in some lame ass flame war...

But apparently some ex-Vinyl Me, Please worker held a "Ask me Anything" forum. He basically talked about some up and coming AOTM and ROTM titles that he was involved with and why he left and blah blah blah. But I was more interested in the up and coming titles.

He mentioned the National's upcoming album will either be a store exclusive or ROTM

most of Fiona's discography is getting an exclusive pressing for the member store
Fever To Tell is tentatively planned for ROTM
Lateralus is tentatively planned for ROTM
Aenima is getting an exclusive pressing for the member store
U2's War is getting an exclusive member store pressing

But he couldn't get passed the U2 War question because some lame fools kept asking why U2 and kept talking about how no one buys U2 anymore and shit like that. So he wasn't able to talk more ,his time ran out or something.

And that was about it. I think it lasted the whole day. He left for awhile and then came back apparently.

But that is what I read.

Could all be just some bloke pulling everyone's chain.

But I was just floored because of the possibilities, lol

13 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm going to have to ask you to supply some archived evidence of even the supposed ex-VMP employee discussing this. Was it a thread on Reddit?

Lol I'll post the link. But only cuz I don't wanna be accused starting rumors

It's a 4chan thread:

https://boards.4chan.org/mu/thread/72623646/ask-someone-who-has-worked-at-vinyl-me-please