The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

1 minute ago, vinyl addict said:

The start at $80.

Where did you get $200+?

I think he just meant in general people asking for $200+.  There's plenty of listings at that price.    

But now that i'm looking at the listings.  How much do you want to bet the ones that "Don't include artwork and drink recipe" are people that just claimed theirs was defective to get another copy.  

Edited by YouTwo

7 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I think he just meant in general people asking for $200+.  There's plenty of listings at that price.    

People can ASK whatever they want for a record, but you'd (not you specifically) have to be a fool to pay $200+ when they start at $80 for near mint, or $110 sealed. (Actually, you'd have  to be a fool to pay $80 too, when it was just sold for $27/$17 last month). Who's gonna scroll past all the other ones available on that Discogs page and pay $200+. It's a pipe dream. 

Edited by vinyl addict

Just now, vinyl addict said:

People can ASK whatever they want for a record, but you'd have to be a fool to pay $200+ when they start at $80 for near mint, or $110 sealed. (Actually, you'd have e to be a fool to pay $80 too, when it was just sold for $27/$17 last month). Who's gonna scroll past all the other ones available on that Discogs page and pay $200+. It's a pipe dream. 

I've always wondered that to.  I think that was sort of the point he was trying to make to.  As I understood it anyway.  

2 hours ago, RowBearToe said:

Damn, The Fugees is sold out?  Was planning on signing up next month for the funk release knowing I could use that for one of the other 2 releases if I didn't like it. Bummer.

Sometimes older Albums of the months "Sell out" but then they find boxes in the warehouse.  They don't pull the full quantities online.  It's happened in the past with The Fugees.  No guarantee it will come back but it could.  

36 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

People can ASK whatever they want for a record, but you'd (not you specifically) have to be a fool to pay $200+ when they start at $80 for near mint, or $110 sealed. (Actually, you'd have  to be a fool to pay $80 too, when it was just sold for $27/$17 last month). Who's gonna scroll past all the other ones available on that Discogs page and pay $200+. It's a pipe dream. 

a lot of people were only able to get DD on the 3-month membership which was ~$82

1 minute ago, ethereal said:

that's cool and all but they still had to front the $82 or so to get DD regardless if they will like the other 2 records or not. idk about everyone but I definitely didn't want tidal or the morby album.

True if they're just trying to re-coup their money they put in.   But they would get unlimited swaps so hopefully they could find SOMETHING they like in the back catalog.  

25 minutes ago, ethereal said:

a lot of people were only able to get DD on the 3-month membership which was ~$82

DD was $27, not $82

The 1 month option was available. Not to mention, the other 2 records can be sold to recoup most of (if not all) of their money back.

I wasn't trying to argue.

29 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

DD was $27, not $82

The 1 month option was available. Not to mention, the other 2 records can be sold to recoup most of (if not all) of their money back.

I wasn't trying to argue.

the 1-month option wasn't available the entire time and was taken down two hours into the AOTM announcement. just because some people got it at $27 doesn't mean they should all be valued at $27 cuz that wasn't the case

3 minutes ago, dutchflowers said:

Meanwhile, my copy of DD has been circling my state for a week in a FedEx-USPS smart post war, with no delivery date in sight. Ugh. 

This smart post crap can't be that much cheaper than media mail, can it? 

Were you on the waiting list or did it literally ship a month ago?  Smart Post must depend on where you live because I get my packages from VMP faster than anything I've ever gotten through media mail.

1 hour ago, YouTwo said:

Were you on the waiting list or did it literally ship a month ago?  Smart Post must depend on where you live because I get my packages from VMP faster than anything I've ever gotten through media mail.

I was on the waiting list.. It shipped 5/15 and arrived at a smartpost station 15 miles away from me on 5/17. Has been ping ponging between USPS and Fed Ex for the past week while it takes a scenic tour of my state.  Nothing smart about that post I say ;) ... but I'll live.  Just funny, I guess.

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

If you joined for Demon Days and need to vent about how your music taste is so narrow you can only enjoy commercialized cartoon music from when you were in High School please quietly evaporate with your memberships. Thanks.

Sunshine....

The Statler AND Waldorf of VC! :lol:

4 hours ago, Sunshine said:

If you joined for Demon Days and need to vent about how your music taste is so narrow you can only enjoy commercialized cartoon music from when you were in High School please quietly evaporate with your memberships. Thanks.

is that you, kevin morby?