The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

17 hours ago, richardsurf said:

Just got mine in earlier today and I decided to make an unboxing video, for those who are still waiting for theirs and want an idea of what to expect. I uploaded it to Youtube.

You inspired me man. I made an unboxing of the Fleet Foxes record check it out guys.

9 minutes ago, copelandkid said:

Just announced: A Sunny Day in Glasgow – Ashes Grammar

Anyone who's not interested in it willing to grab a copy for me? Of course I just cancelled my membership haha...

HOLY SHIT. Instant buy!!! Can't believe it. I would've paid for a six month membership for this.

hmm, see, these bandwagon hot takes only actually work if the band in question is (over)hyped. someone picking up on what seems to be suuuper low-key ASDIG enthusiasm is just someone paying attention, so kudos to pepperonigin. word to the wise here is preview it on a streaming service first tho, it's 

32 minutes ago, ethereal said:

EVERYONE LIKES IT SO I HAVE TO LIKE/GET IT mentality sux 

The fuck are you talking about there isn't any hype for this at all. Maybe he likes the people who are exciteds taste and figured it was a solid bet.

It beats deciding to beg the board for deals after figuring out a preorder was sought after.

13 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The fuck are you talking about there isn't any hype for this at all. Maybe he likes the people who are exciteds taste and figured it was a solid bet.

It beats deciding to beg the board for deals after figuring out a preorder was sought after.

I probably should have clarified, I meant in general. 

Wow, jumping to conclusions. Would never has guessed that with some of the people on this board.

The whole point of Vinyl Me, Please is to get into stuff you wouldn't normally catch so I'm doing just that. The brief descriptions of what I read compare them to My Bloody Valentine, which is a band I enjoy immensely. That coupled with some buzz and excitement is all I needed to pull the trigger. Plus it just looks like a cool release.

Some of you make it sound like you've never bought music based on a recommendation....get over yourselves.