The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Didn't see anyone mention this but they're also doing a new rap/hip-hop add-on and for their first edition of it the very first pressing of Noname's Telephone.  I'm really excited about that, I'd recommend it if you like soulful or jazzy hip-hop.  https://vinylmeplease.typeform.com/to/XfN2Ub

default#.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

Didn't see anyone mention this but they're also doing a new rap/hip-hop add-on and for their first edition of it the very first pressing of Noname's Telephone.  I'm really excited about that, I'd recommend it if you like soulful or jazzy hip-hop.  https://vinylmeplease.typeform.com/to/XfN2Ub

default#.jpeg

Will that Noname only be available from them? I'm kinda confused..

3 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

default#.jpeg

Hell yeah, I was hoping this would get on vinyl eventually! It is weird because like an hour or two ago I noticed the rap/hip hop add-on and they had it as Commons Electric Circus which I was going to pass on but I will def. sign up now.

For anyone wondering, it is $23 per month for the add-on.

Just now, mesi said:

It seems like there is no way anymore to search a thread for a specific word, so I have a question for the international VMP members: How does this work with customs? At what value do they normally declare their records, seeing how shipping is included in the total price? Thanks!

I can't answer all of that, but I do believe that I saw recently on the forum one of the staff members say that you shouldn't  get hit with any customs fees and if you do they usually credit that amount to your account (not refund it, but give you that amount in store credit).  So if that's what your worried about hopefully that answers your question.

35 minutes ago, hype said:

Hell yeah, I was hoping this would get on vinyl eventually! It is weird because like an hour or two ago I noticed the rap/hip hop add-on and they had it as Commons Electric Circus which I was going to pass on but I will def. sign up now.

For anyone wondering, it is $23 per month for the add-on.

that kind of sucks for hip hop fans. now they have to pay for two subscriptions?

Edited by Andrew_VB

16 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I can't answer all of that, but I do believe that I saw recently on the forum one of the staff members say that you shouldn't  get hit with any customs fees and if you do they usually credit that amount to your account (not refund it, but give you that amount in store credit).  So if that's what your worried about hopefully that answers your question.

Thanks for your answer. Them saying that you should not get hit with customs fees just sounds too good to be true, which is why I was asking.

2 hours ago, hype said:

You should use the code THESPINS10 to get $10 off right at checkout

Is this only for new members? VMP doesn't even give me the option to enter a code when trying to check out to buy the new TWOD album. Could it be because I cancelled my monthly membership? Also, is $6 shipping the normal amount? I don't have an option to change that either.

8 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Is this only for new members? VMP doesn't even give me the option to enter a code when trying to check out to buy the new TWOD album. Could it be because I cancelled my monthly membership? Also, is $6 shipping the normal amount? I don't have an option to change that either.

I actually don't even see the box anymore to enter a promo code at check out.

And yes, $6 is their normal shipping rate for non-members.  

Edited by YouTwo

So what's the difference between this pressing and this one? In other words, what track samples would be different? https://www.discogs.com/The-Notorious-BIG-Ready-To-Die/release/4868120 From the looks of it is only "Machine Gun Funk" and "Ready to Die". I'm not sure I can justify buying this album again for only two tracks...

5 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Yeah, but if it's not sold out in a month it should go on sale to the public.

Not sure if this is true, at least initially. The VMP Classics side sub was restricted to a set number of members and none of those albums have made it to the store. They are supposedly going to open up both Classics and Hip Hop to the general public as a standalone subscription next month.