The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

31 minutes ago, serotonein said:

Not sure if this is true, at least initially. The VMP Classics side sub was restricted to a set number of members and none of those albums have made it to the store. They are supposedly going to open up both Classics and Hip Hop to the general public as a standalone subscription next month.

https://vinylmeplease.typeform.com/to/XfN2Ub

Says on the bottom it will be open to the public and allows you to sign up for e-mail notifications when it does become available.

59 minutes ago, AdamJNovak said:

So that code THESPINS10 doesn't really work?

They just recently stopped it from working I guess. People were basically getting the album for 9 or less with the referral credit added on as well.

I did not even get to use it as I had already reupped before I noticed someone else mention it.

1 minute ago, zuck said:

So if you use someone's referral code, does that get you $10 off a future purchase?

Yup, I am pretty sure it will take it off the subscription price though if you do it before September 2nd. After September 2nd you get charged immediately so the $10 credit does not get applied towards the membership unless you leave it in your account until your membership ends.

Side note: does anyone know why WI is one of the three states that they charge tax on for their orders? I'm under the assumption that tax is charged for online orders for customers if the company has a physical presence in the same state as the customer. I think NC and CO are included because they started in NC and are headquartered in CO (or something like that), but just wondering how WI fits in.

4 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Side note: does anyone know why WI is one of the three states that they charge tax on for their orders? I'm under the assumption that tax is charged for online orders for customers if the company has a physical presence in the same state as the customer. I think NC and CO are included because they started in NC and are headquartered in CO (or something like that), but just wondering how WI fits in.

They have an office in WI as well. That's where Andrew Winistorfer (aka thestorfer), one of their staff is based out of.

4 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

They have an office in Wisconsin.  

On 8/22/2017 at 4:57 PM, Reshiram454 said:

https://vinylmeplease.typeform.com/to/XfN2Ub

Says on the bottom it will be open to the public and allows you to sign up for e-mail notifications when it does become available.

The side subscription will eventually be available without also having a VMP ROTM sub, yes. I was responding to the idea that people can expect individual albums in Classics or Hip Hop subs to be in the store because that hasn't occurred so far. 

Last week they were said they were aiming to have a standalone Classics sub available to the public in September, and Hip Hop soon after, and then yesterday posted that they're doing everything possible for it to happen "by the end of the year".  I'm on Crate so I've been tracking the progress.