The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

3 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Pretty sure it's exclusive to the UK. Not sure if they'll do a different version for the US.

Thanks. Good to know before spending $40+ for this release.

I want it, but these prices with shipping here are so high. :o

Edited by Plarocks

13 hours ago, kevbayer said:

What is the frequency of VMP releases being re issued after they come out, like a Newbury comics or some other place exclusive? I really want Feb. De La Soul release but hate subscriptions.

If you’re willing to pay Newbury prices then you may as well just sign up for one month of this and then cancel when the month is over.

19 hours ago, kevbayer said:

What is the frequency of VMP releases being re issued after they come out, like a Newbury comics or some other place exclusive? I really want Feb. De La Soul release but hate subscriptions.

In your case, you'd need both a regular VMP & VMP hip hop subscription to get De La Soul.

On 1/20/2018 at 2:02 PM, kevbayer said:

VMP does not reissue it’s exclusives. once it’s gone, it’s gone for good.  typically if there isn’t other variants announced alongside the VMP version, that means they got the exclusive rights to it.

prime example being Demon Days

Edited by ethereal

2 minutes ago, ethereal said:

VMP does not reissue it’s exclusives. once it’s gone, it’s gone for good.  typically if there isn’t other variants announced alongside the VMP version, that means they got the exclusive rights to it.

prime example being Demon Days

I believe they do intend to press more copies of Demon Days, but with the exception of a few high demand AOTMs, what you said, once they're gone they're gone.  

1 minute ago, kevbayer said:

What is the regular Feb release? Maybe if that is something I like it makes sense . I assume I would get 2 releases then for Feb?

Unless your a fan of 70's  African Funk, February doesn't seem like the right month to jump on board for something like that.  It's announced tomorrow but it's going to be Ayalew Mesfin.

You could also join and swap though.  So if you see something else in the back catalog you like you can get that instead.  Monthly members can swap now.  

Edited by YouTwo

I haven't subbed for a few months, but I'm listening to the Ayalew Mesfin right now, and it's really good. I am not nearly versed enough in much of the music of this part of the world or era (other than William Onyeabor, who I absolutely love), but this is great. And I love the story/background too.

11 hours ago, hype said:

It is frustrating seeing them get these hip hop exclusives that I want really bad but I have absolutely zero interest in any of there record of the months lately. People flipping them hard too.

Couldn't you just "Gift" yourself the hip hop sub from VMPs mainpage and avoid the normal ROTM subscription altogether?

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/gift/