The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

53 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Probably a long shot but did anyone pick up an extra of that Caroline Rose in the member store? Was going to pick it up today and they're all gone.

I was trying to get one yesterday and it was gone. Probably going to pick one up at her show when she comes to Chicago. Maybe she'll sign it!!!

19 minutes ago, Dougie Jones said:

I was trying to get one yesterday and it was gone. Probably going to pick one up at her show when she comes to Chicago. Maybe she'll sign it!!!

I don’t know why I waited. I liked everything I heard. Still standard reds available on her website but I love the marble. I’ll give it a couple weeks and see if they pop up somewhere. 

Just now, erasedtapes said:

Well yeah, that was the plan. I mean, I figured I might as well ask here first since it'd be more straightforward than having a membership to cancel.

You'd be better off using a $10 code and having them ship it to you than having someone get it and then re-ship it to you.

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

You'd be better off using a $10 code and having them ship it to you than having someone get it and then re-ship it to you.

Okay, I guess my plan is just stupid lmao. Again, that's what I was planning to do––in full, I was going to grab a referral code, get the record, cancel the membership. I guess I just don't like the hassle of it and thought I could support a fellow VCer either way. Idk guys. Guess I won't bother trying to get it off anyone.

Just now, erasedtapes said:

Okay, I guess my plan is just stupid lmao. Again, that's what I was planning to do––in full, I was going to grab a referral code, get the record, cancel the membership. I guess I just don't like the hassle of it and thought I could support a fellow VCer either way. Idk guys. Guess I won't bother trying to get it off anyone.

Signing up and cancelling is super easy.  You can cancel your own membership so no guilt of emailing customer service.

I sort of understand trying to forego the "membership process" but you can cancel immediately after receiving your record (and possibly pick up some exlcusives while you're at it if something interests you). It's more of a hassle to have someone on here send them yours when they can probably swap it out for something else they might want.

Either way, you may even want to wait to see copies appear on discogs, I have a feeling there will be plenty of these floating around.

3 hours ago, erasedtapes said:

Stop guessing so much.

What’s making it such a difficult decision for you? You want Beach House, get it...for $19..

Got my Noname from her shop today. I anticipated it having damage since USPS decided to ship it from Chicago to Honolulu, then it went to San Jose, then San Fransisco then Los Angeles. And wouldn't you know it had a seam split and then an even bigger seam split on the inner sleeve. Thanks USPS, fuck you. I'm just happy to have this damn album, such a great record. I might end up joining VMP this month anyways and getting the VMP restock of Telefone, since I want Beach House, then I'm probably swapping for Biggie and if possible the Little Simz.