The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

14 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

VINYL ME URBAN OUTFITTERS oh man I’m in stitches / have a boner.

Arctic Monkeys are the indie rock equivalent of something awful from pop. Untalented musicianship, childish lyrics, and didn’t they come from a talent show? 

Yeah, but at least they're not Gorillaz.

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

This video is perfect holy shit.

Armando Iannucci is always on point. You should deffo check out the whole series, its called Time Trumpet and it's formatted like one of those "I remember the seventies" shows about the mid 2000s and it was released in the mid 2000s but set in a future looking back on events that happened and ones that didn't. There's a tonne of hilarious fake news stories and events like the Tesco going to war with Denmark.

3 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Comes with the stencil and the obi strip, and I believe it's numbered.

Not numbered as far as I know, but a solid grab nonetheless. Really glad I waited to pull the trigger on buying the one copy for sale on Discogs, saved myself over $100 and getting an untouched copy out of it.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I’m going to be a total ostrich and avoid learning about, seeing, or hearing the band members as individuals.  May also hold off on listening to anything outside their debut.  I think it’s just better this way.

more chicken than ostrich, but yeah probably for the best.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Only real men watch band interviews, explore full discographies, and live on the group’s Wiki when they discover a fun record.

It takes a real man to expose himself to the garbage n stand strong and say "I SUPPORT THIS SHEFFIELD MAN WHO INSISTS HE INVENTED THE ROCK N ROLLZ"

true courage

it could be you Derek.

Just now, Derek™ said:

I don’t know who or what is claiming they invented rock and roll but that’s a fairly ridiculous claim to begin with, and not one worth dignifying with any kind of response.  Are these guys like an upbeat Oasis with more bite or something?

Nah from what I can tell they're just pretty self assured asshats who produce subpar music that is massively overrated. Oasis have all the drama between the bros n from the video posted above its actually pretty hard to work out if they're trying to be taken seriously or just playing bizarre charicatures.  Either way for a video of just over two minutes its a hard cringe.

22 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t know who or what is claiming they invented rock and roll but that’s a fairly ridiculous claim to begin with, and not one worth dignifying with any kind of response.  Are these guys like an upbeat Oasis with more bite or something?

Arctic Monkeys aren't even British, google "Arctic Monkeys Birther Conspiracy" and you'll find out just how full of shit (and UNTALENTED) these asshats are. The fat old bassist was from Kentucky USA and they kicked him out cos his accent was so shoddy.

God DAMN do these Arctic Monkeys make me flappable.

13 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Arctic Monkeys aren't even British, google "Arctic Monkeys Birther Conspiracy" and you'll find out just how full of shit (and UNTALENTED) these asshats are. The fat old bassist was from Kentucky USA and they kicked him out cos his accent was so shoddy.

I don't know anything about that but as an Englishman the idea that a band would infiltrate our borders to sell themselves as homegrown talent from Sheffield greatly amuses me.

Sheffield of all the exotic locations in the world.

44 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

I googled this.  The top hit by The Guardian toys with the idea of them being a media plant, but not much outside of that – was that what you were referring to?  Ironically, the second page courtesy of Esquire is a non-ironic article about how they “saved rock’n’roll” - complete with an interview - and it’s way more cringe inducing.  For both the band and the author of the article.  Goddamn.

See if there wasn't so much hyberbole about how great they are they'd be so much easier to stomach. I'd find it easier if normies didn't use them as a point of relation with me.

"Oh you've got long hair, I like rock music too I saw the arctic monkey's play the wembley last week"

"You like Kings Of Leon right? that one song woooooooaaaaaah this sex is on fire, bloody love that. Good ain't it"
"I'm into rock too, Oasis definitely maybe is my favourite all time album"

ad infinitum

I mean I get this with metal bands I don't like as well but boy if it doesn't ruffle my feathers every god damn time.

5 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm not saying this for any cool guy points or anything, but I've never actually heard the Arctic Monkeys. Their first album came out when I had stopped paying attention to "indie rock"

Picked the right time to ignore the scene in my book. Boy do I envy you.  I swear everytime I hear "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" I die a little more inside.