The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

I think I read that whole dumpster fire and did anyone actually comment on the sound quality? You would think 45 rpm from the original reels vs digitally remastered would be the big selling point not what kind of jacket and a gatefold. Looking at the sticker price of some of my better sounding records at $48.99 for the Grant Green RSD and $44.99 for 2 LP Rumours it seems like a steal at $30 for a 2LP 45 rpm record and I would think the gatefold was axed because of the production costs of doing it this way. I'm not saying it's going to be an audiophile release but it likely sounds better than the current press, but Dom got eaten alive for actually bringing up the listening experience. Also going to use this opportunity to soapbox for the 2 LP Rumours seriously everyone reading this buy it, every copy you have ever known is a flaming pile of crap compared to this

24 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Okay, time to get the dirty beats cued, and the dissin’ rhymes flowing.

Time to go all east coast/west coast on them VMP BITCHES! :lol:

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

Also glad us poking fun is starting a "war" that's top tier neckbeard cringe right there folks. /tough guy again

sBZnkY1.jpg

VMPDoghouse.jpg?c=1526012683115

Hello,
We’re writing to alert you of a mismatch in what we advertised for our Rap & Hip-Hop pressing of Snoop Doggy Dogg, Doggystyle. We initially believed our product to have a gatefold and tip-on jacket, and in reality, the jacket is wide spine, single pocket with embossing. The tip-on style jacket has become our default jacket type for subscriptions. While discussing how to make this album package more deluxe we tossed over the idea of embossing to our printer, who ran with it. What we didn’t know (and now do) is that embossing doesn’t work with tip-on jackets. The jacket was switched during production to accommodate the embossing and we missed the change in jacket type during the QA process. Furthermore, we mistakenly went to market advertising the jacket as gatefold due to a major internal miscommunication. When we learned of the error, we updated our advertising for this product, and took a long hard look at our internal communications process.

It is never our intent to mislead customers. Our goal was to make the best possible version of this legendary record for our members and Snoop lovers in the vinyl community. We apologize for the confusion we created and want to make it right.

Unfortunately, we cannot repress these records in a gatefold / tip-on configuration, so the option we feel is most fair is to let anyone who feels misled – and as a result no longer wants this product – return it for a full refund.

We will cover 100% of the return shipping cost up to $10 and provide a refund to the original form of payment upon receiving the return. We are making an exception to our regular no-return policy in this case because this wasn’t a pressing or damage issue, but rather an improper listing of the product.

If you are unsatisfied with your copy and would like a refund, please mail your copy to:

ATTENTION: SNOOP DOGGY DOGG
Vinyl Me, Please
1752 Platte Street
Unit 3
Denver, CO 80202

Please respond to this email with a picture of your receipt and tracking info. We’ll process your refund + shipping cost promptly.

The VMP Team

8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Wow, what a completely reasonable response.

They still all mad over there or nah?

After reading some of their responses on here, I would never go on those fourms myself, but I'm sure they won't be happy till they get the gatefold, tip-on jackets they deserve & even then they'd probably still be sad/outraged.

I understand companies make mistakes and they're culpable (to an extent) but what do these people want, to put them out of business? Keep sending records back for minor issues and see where that gets you. Go find something better to do with your time and maybe listen to your records instead of looking at them.

Edited by pepperonigin
slight word change

3 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I understand companies make mistakes and they're culpable (to an extent) but what do these people want, to put them out of business? Keep sending records back for minor issues and see where that gets you. Go find something better to do with your time and maybe listen to your records instead of looking at them.

Some poor fellow that works for VMP is in that thread now answering questions and they are being total savages to him. I kinda feel bad. I seriously can't imagine such a mass of people all feeling so entitled over a damn record.

50 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Real question: Does VMP actually have anything to do with any of these pressings or are they mostly just ordering x number on an exclusive variant?

Either way, neckbeards need to chill.

I think they just order them in most cases, but for their records of the month and any exclusives that are records that don't have a retail in-press counterpart they usually try for high standards on the sound quality, whether that means they're picky with the TPs or they have more involvement in the process I'm not sure. Sorta ironic though, given how little their forum seems to care about it.

1 minute ago, DecayToDeath said:

I think they just order them in most cases, but for their records of the month and any exclusives that are records that don't have a retail in-press counterpart they usually try for high standards on the sound quality, whether that means they're picky with the TPs or they have more involvement in the process I'm not sure. Sorta ironic though, given how little their forum seems to care about it.

The Panda Bear pressing they did is one of the best sounding records in my collection.

1 hour ago, NapalmBrain said:

I think I read that whole dumpster fire and did anyone actually comment on the sound quality? You would think 45 rpm from the original reels vs digitally remastered would be the big selling point not what kind of jacket and a gatefold. Looking at the sticker price of some of my better sounding records at $48.99 for the Grant Green RSD and $44.99 for 2 LP Rumours it seems like a steal at $30 for a 2LP 45 rpm record and I would think the gatefold was axed because of the production costs of doing it this way. I'm not saying it's going to be an audiophile release but it likely sounds better than the current press, but Dom got eaten alive for actually bringing up the listening experience. Also going to use this opportunity to soapbox for the 2 LP Rumours seriously everyone reading this buy it, every copy you have ever known is a flaming pile of crap compared to this

Agreed that this VMP Doggystyle is probably a step up over the current press, but 45 RPM alone doesn't matter as much as the mastering itself... and I'm assuming this was cut from digital, so there's a limitation right there.
The 2LP Rumours was mastered all-analog, by two of the best guys in the biz (Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray), and pressed at 45 RPM, so that's basically a high-water mark for audiophile quality. Unknown engineer cutting Doggystyle from hi-rez digital.... might fall short.

I think my favorite post is this one. They're offended over being told to relax and have a coffee. It's the equivalent of calling someone nuts and having them cry about their peanut allergy you didn't know about because they're an anonymous person on the internet. It's a thing of beauty... like a soccer mom club where they complain about all the times they got a waiter fired for putting the wrong plate in front of them.

Screenshot_20180511_155640.jpg

Screenshot_20180511_155831.jpg

HOW DARE YOU. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.

Also, to be fair there are only like 10-15 asshats in that thread they've just posted 80 times each. Their views probably aren't representative of the whole community and I'm sure they won't cancel their subs along with the couple new to VMP that they tricked into thinking they actually were going to show VMP with their wallet.