The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

vz8n79.jpg

9 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I think my favorite post is this one. They're offended over being told to relax and have a coffee. It's the equivalent of calling someone nuts and having them cry about their peanut allergy you didn't know about because they're an anonymous person on the internet. It's a thing of beauty... like a soccer mom club where they complain about all the times they got a waiter fired for putting the wrong plate in front of them.

Screenshot_20180511_155640.jpg

Screenshot_20180511_155831.jpg

HOW DARE YOU. DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM.

Also, to be fair there are only like 10-15 asshats in that thread they've just posted 80 times each. Their views probably aren't representative of the whole community and I'm sure they won't cancel their subs along with the couple new to VMP that they tricked into thinking they actually were going to show VMP with their wallet.

I mean I did elaborate on the fact that I like to buy my records from vmp and listen to them instead of shove them up my asshole then complain when the single sleeve doesn’t fill me out as well as a gatefold

i also enjoy their conspiracy theories about how I’m a longtime member there trolling on an alt. 

Side note- this sounds incredible and looks sexy as fuck, for anyone wondering.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

On 5/10/2018 at 9:55 AM, lethalenforcer said:

It's been guessed but may have been shot down already.

Honey, don't even go there. I'm currently on a three-month sub but will NOT renew after Gatefoldgate.

lol so dramatic over a freaking record.  what's it like to let something so minor affect you so greatly?  It must be nice, being so oblivious to the world that you get your panties in a bunch over a freaking gatefold.  I love it though.  All your posts are just whining about something or telling other people how they suck and you are just the bees knees.

We have a word for people like you:  insecure.  I'd recommend talking to a professional.  They can help you get your priorities in order.  Once you feel better about yourself, you will start to show more respect for others.  You are a very fragile person and I feel bad for you.

Hang in there man.  It will get better. 

*takes a deep breath*

We all live in the Opinionated Renaissance: 'How dare you make a statement I don't agree with!' - 'How dare you not agree with my statement, for my opinion is the correct one' - 'How dare you assume I don't agree with your opinion just because of my comment! You twist my words!' 

Its all mute. Its all menial. 

There's no superior credibility given to anyone. Its all subjective. Its all relative. If someone expects something  (a gatefold) and is not satisfied, then whether that's upsetting is really dependent on that person and their expectations. If you personally don't expect the gatefold, then of course you're not upset when there's no gatefold.  But does your lack of expectation of a gatefold make someone else's expectation of it less credible? I would think not. 

Here's a famous saying by a profound philospher that I always rely on in these difficult times: 

"Don't ever, for any reason, do anything, to anyone, for any reason, ever, no matter what, no matter where, or who, or who you are with, or where you are going, or where you've been, ever, for any reason whatsoever."

K. bye. 

2 hours ago, whosnotwo said:

lol so dramatic over a freaking record.  what's it like to let something so minor affect you so greatly?  It must be nice, being so oblivious to the world that you get your panties in a bunch over a freaking gatefold.  I love it though.  All your posts are just whining about something or telling other people how they suck and you are just the bees knees.

We have a word for people like you:  insecure.  I'd recommend talking to a professional.  They can help you get your priorities in order.  Once you feel better about yourself, you will start to show more respect for others.  You are a very fragile person and I feel bad for you.

It must be nice, being so oblivious to the world

so oblivious

Changing your font to Comic Sans felt like an appropriate artistic decision.

7 hours ago, whosnotwo said:

I guess sometimes sarcasm can be hard to detect over the internet...

Just now, BornWorried said:

If I sign up today can I still get the Clipse record?

I think if you sign up today you'll start with June's record that will be announced Thursday.  But you MIGHT be able to swap it for Clipse.  We don't know the actual swap list until the day the next record is announced.