The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

4 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I think if you sign up today you'll start with June's record that will be announced Thursday.  But you MIGHT be able to swap it for Clipse.  We don't know the actual swap list until the day the next record is announced.  

Ah ok. It's probably for the best that I waffled so hard on this one. That money should probably be spent elsewhere. If Lord Willin' weren't so front loaded I would have pulled the trigger immediately.

40 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Return To Cookie Mountain. Should be all but confirmed tomorrow (official announcement is Thursday) unless they surprise with something different.

Bummer. I never really got in to TVotR. Any word on the hippity hop? 

Edit: looks like it’s Doom’s Mmm...food

Edited by PookdaddyG

5 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Can someone explain how to swap? Currently I'm on the rhh and would like to swap for the Biggie. I was told that I might be able to swap with that one. Thx in advance

I don’t think you can swap yet. But basically, you click on “my account” and it should be under your plan.

49 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Thx, never gotten this far into VMP. I usually resubscribe when there's something I want then I bail...

Yeah, that was me for a while, but eventually I got sucked into the swaps since I took a long hiatus from the site. If not for their hip hop releases, I’d probably still be in your boat. 

2 hours ago, dollarsandcents said:

Is there even a demand for TVOTR in 2018? Seems a pretty dated choice. 

Yeh I agree. And it's not like Cookie Mountain is a rarity of anything like that... to me, its another average choice. Two in a row. So i would assume next month will be something better. 

4 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

So i would assume next month will be something better. 

Foolish.

I love Cookie Mountain as a pick as it's one of my favorite albums (and houses one of my favorite-ever tracks in Tonight), but hate that it's gonna wind up influencing me to buy another unneeded copy of the album. At this point I believe I have the og black, repress on red, and a test pressing because I'm dumb n' irresponsible.

On 5/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, BornWorried said:

If I sign up today can I still get the Clipse record?

As @YouTwo mentioned, you can sign up and swap for Clipse OR you can also sign up and probably buy it from the store in time. All Essential titles go up in the store eventually, so just keep an eye out here https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/essentials

I love the TVOTR pick. It is truly an essential album from the 2000s, in my opinion. Feels like they focused on one of the bands best efforts versus the Beach House pick.

And frankly, given the resurgence of reissues / represses in general, VMP is going to have a very hard time finding OOP but really sought after records going forward. Most of the ones people clamour for (e.g., SFTD) have probably been explored ad nauseam. So if they are going to repress readily available albums, I prefer they choose the best of the best from bands that others may not have given a hard listen to.