The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

8 hours ago, filthyrich said:

Wish is my preference, but yes.... Odd that the Cure can't be bothered to reissue anything post-Disintegration. (Besides Greatest Hits and remix albums??)

Robert Smith has finished remixing Wish and said that it will be out this year

Edited by darkeyelids

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, zdkaiser said:

It's got to be a real struggle getting the rights to press these titles and pressing multiple exclusives month after month after month.

Probably not that much considering they move thousands and thousands of records every month. They could repress anything and they'll sell out of it, I'm sure most labels/artists would love to be involved.

Just now, pepperonigin said:

Probably not that much considering they move thousands and thousands of records every month. They could repress anything and they'll sell out of it, I'm sure most labels/artists would love to be involved.

Maybe so. But you need to have all those titles lined up, negotiate the business side of it, remaster (some titles), deal with pressing plants (delays), etc. It is no small task.

5 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

Maybe so. But you need to have all those titles lined up, negotiate the business side of it, remaster (some titles), deal with pressing plants (delays), etc. It is no small task.

Of course, I'm sure it's a very large undertaking. I was merely speaking to the obtaining of the rights which is probably a little easier for them at this stage of their growth. All in all they do a very good job.

2 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

HELL yes. I switched to hip hop this month for DOOM and I'm gonna stick with it for Mike. VMP is really coming through with some great picks.

Is the correct version of Kookies on this one? (DOOM)

Edited by Ishtar

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2018 at 1:34 PM, aopps42 said:

Any word about August?  It looks like they aren't planning to announce until the end of next week, which seems odd.  My 3 month sub is up, so I just cancelled in the event it's something I don't want, as I have swapped for pretty much everything else I want.

I meant to cancel mine last month, but I forgot to do it. Now I'm stuck with Unapologetic Art Rap :mellow:

17 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

Open Mike Eagle is dope

I'm just not digging it-- though I really only listened to it once, so maybe I should give it another shot. I enjoy some of the skits and whatever, but I'd almost rather listen to a Busdriver project. 

Edited by PookdaddyG