The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

58 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I really don't want to support their obsession with early 2000s indie music.

They stay in business by pandering to the hipsters. Haha eventually they will run out of essential 2000s indie records and they'll have to reevaluate their business. Although a VMP reissue of Passion Pit - Manners would be pretty sweet

2 minutes ago, aopps42 said:

Been a pretty bad year for VMP imo.  The hip-hop track has been pretty solid, but their standard track has been underwhelming.

I agree it hasn't been my favorite year of stuff.  But the Moby, Arctic Monkeys and TVOTR were all very well done.  Beach House would have been better if it was a different album but the packaging and record look great for that one.  I'm also really digging Mitski.  But some of the other stuff has been hard to get into and only got 1 listen.  

9 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I agree it hasn't been my favorite year of stuff.  But the Moby, Arctic Monkeys and TVOTR were all very well done.  Beach House would have been better if it was a different album but the packaging and record look great for that one.  I'm also really digging Mitski.  But some of the other stuff has been hard to get into and only got 1 listen.  

The new Mitski SLAPS.

1 hour ago, tetsuodaironman said:

The new Mitski SLAPS.

9 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

its really fucking good.

I accidentally didn't change my track back from hip hop fast enough so I didn't get the Mitski...gonna have to wait for the next month that I don't want something to swap for it

2 hours ago, MtrCtyWx said:

VMP preciously did MMFood which I think was licensed from Rhymesayers.

Being a lover of all things Atmosphere, I’m trying to think of what they should pick from the Atmos catauge. Most of titles are pretty easy to get. Probably Headshots, or Strictly Leakage. If they just did a Rhymesayers title. Would have to be eyedea & abilities First Born or  By the throat. Also Brother Ali- US would all be great and make me renew my sub.

• 1 month later...

Okay, can someone explain to me what I am missing here? Vinyl Me, Please had a limited to 300 pressing of the new IDLES record. Since it's my favorite album of the year so far, I was bummed that it was only for members available since I cannot afford a subscription as of now. However, a couple of days later it was made available for the public (at least that is what I assumed) since I was able to checkout without having a subscription or account at the website. As I am from the US but currently studying in the UK, I was even more surprised that they did not even charge me for shipping (even though I clearly state shipping to the UK). My credit card just got charged for the actual record and not shipping. On the order confirmation it said that it will be included with my October/November delivery - however, as I said before, I am not part of the club and after a quick chat with the support of Vinyl Me, Please they said that I am still not signed up to any subscription - I thought they kinda "tricked" me into a subscription with this purchase. Can someone enlighten me what has just happened here? Will I really get this record for only the amount the record costs? Thanks.

15 minutes ago, kill_taker said:

Okay, can someone explain to me what I am missing here? Vinyl Me, Please had a limited to 300 pressing of the new IDLES record. Since it's my favorite album of the year so far, I was bummed that it was only for members available since I cannot afford a subscription as of now. However, a couple of days later it was made available for the public (at least that is what I assumed) since I was able to checkout without having a subscription or account at the website. As I am from the US but currently studying in the UK, I was even more surprised that they did not even charge me for shipping (even though I clearly state shipping to the UK). My credit card just got charged for the actual record and not shipping. On the order confirmation it said that it will be included with my October/November delivery - however, as I said before, I am not part of the club and after a quick chat with the support of Vinyl Me, Please they said that I am still not signed up to any subscription - I thought they kinda "tricked" me into a subscription with this purchase. Can someone enlighten me what has just happened here? Will I really get this record for only the amount the record costs? Thanks.

Some exclusives are available to everyone and they stopped international shipping charges a couple of months ago (not sure if it's only temporary). 

The "October/November delivery" message is probably just a generic message that everyone gets.

2 hours ago, Skacel said:

Some exclusives are available to everyone and they stopped international shipping charges a couple of months ago (not sure if it's only temporary). 

The "October/November delivery" message is probably just a generic message that everyone gets.

Ah okay thanks that makes sense even though they probably don't make any profits with said record then since shipping alone is more or less the price for the record.

I had that exact same concern last month, and got this response: 

Hey there,
Sorry for the confusion! That is just the automated email that gets sent to all the folks who shop our store. But let me confirm that you are not signed up for a subscription, and will not be charged outside of that store order :)

Can confirm since then I received my order (in the UK with free shipping) without a problem :)

Edited by _James_

28 minutes ago, _James_ said:

I had that exact same concern last month, and got this response: 

Hey there,
Sorry for the confusion! That is just the automated email that gets sent to all the folks who shop our store. But let me confirm that you are not signed up for a subscription, and will not be charged outside of that store order :)

Can confirm since then I received my order (in the UK with free shipping) without a problem :)

Ah thanks, great to hear!