The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Just now, kramer73 said:

I'd like to get that new member's exclusive Colter Wall album, but I don't want to join and get an album I don't want.  Do they ever sell these to the public, or do they always stay as member's only?  Maybe I'm missing something with the membership.

It's supposed to be 30 days and then it's available to the public, but lately it seems a case by case basis.  When they do go on sale to the public you have to pay shipping (I believe it's $6 in the US).

Just now, kramer73 said:

gotcha, thanks!

Actually, if I'm seeing it correctly, it looks like the Phosophorescent and Petite Noir that went on sale last week are already open to the public (you can try and add to your cart to test my theory).  So I'd keep and eye on Colter Wall.  They just redesigned the store so I'm getting used to it but Colter Wall has an icon that says Member's Only and Phosphorescent does not.  

3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Actually, if I'm seeing it correctly, it looks like the Phosophorescent and Petite Noir that went on sale last week are already open to the public (you can try and add to your cart to test my theory).  So I'd keep and eye on Colter Wall.  They just redesigned the store so I'm getting used to it but Colter Wall has an icon that says Member's Only and Phosphorescent does not.  

yep, that worked.  I'll just have to be patient.  Thank you!

Just now, YouTwo said:

They didn't really give much warning this month.  I got swapped in time and got Blitzen Trapper instead.  Then added Rap and Hip Hop and swapped that for Ra Ra Riot.  

Glad to know it wasn’t just me going crazy, I feel like I barely had any time to do it. Oh well, I guess.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:27 PM, YouTwo said:

turns out it's available now!  Thanks!

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Any chance someone with a sub could pick up Foals for me today? :)

I'm planning on picking one up for myself but I'll see if it lets be buy two.  Honestly, at 1000 copies it will probably be available to the public in a couple of days.  

3 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I'm planning on picking one up for myself but I'll see if it lets be buy two.  Honestly, at 1000 copies it will probably be available to the public in a couple of days.  

Might be false hope but I believe all of these SubPop reissues may be available for non-members to buy. We shall see in an hour or so...

1 minute ago, lethalenforcer said:

Might be false hope but I believe all of these SubPop reissues may be available for non-members to buy. We shall see in an hour or so...

I was actually just thinking, the only way it would really let me buy 2 is if they were going to be open to the public.  I'll check with you before I buy if this is the case.  

26 minutes ago, crossedoutname said:

If I already didn’t have it, I’d buy it, that’s a good one

I love that record, I just don't know if I can justify spending $21 for a variant when it's readily available for waaaaaay less than that. If it's still there by the end of the day I'll probably end up biting,

• 3 weeks later...