The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

VMP  fans who live in Toronto, I just went into Antikka Records on Queen West b/w Ossington & Shaw for some free coffee and they had a bunch of VMP titles in-stock, including 3 copies of Cosmogramma. 

I asked the owner who said it's a perk of being the only place in the city to host VMP listening party every second Thursday of the month.

Prices were, as you might imagine if you've browsed their stock, overpriced but 38 to 45CAD for AOTMs (less for others) before tax is what you would except for the exchange rate, plus you dodge the shipping charges & he said he could try to get special orders done upon request in case there's available VMP stock he doesn't have.

22 hours ago, armadillo01 said:

VMP  fans who live in Toronto, I just went into Antikka Records on Queen West b/w Ossington & Shaw for some free coffee and they had a bunch of VMP titles in-stock, including 3 copies of Cosmogramma. 

I asked the owner who said it's a perk of being the only place in the city to host VMP listening party every second Thursday of the month.

Prices were, as you might imagine if you've browsed their stock, overpriced but 38 to 45CAD for AOTMs (less for others) before tax is what you would except for the exchange rate, plus you dodge the shipping charges & he said he could try to get special orders done upon request in case there's available VMP stock he doesn't have.

I thought VMP had free international shipping. Am I wrong or does Canada not count as "international" for them?

51 minutes ago, ksuwdboots said:

I thought VMP had free international shipping. Am I wrong or does Canada not count as "international" for them?

5 USD for an additional LP, 8 USD for 2 more; wouldn't know how much more expensive it is is to have stuff ship separately from the AOTM, either. 

But I guess if all you want is 1 AOTM per month or the swap for it is for an equal-weight album, then yeah, there's no base charge.

Edited by armadillo01

3 hours ago, YouTwo said:

Should be Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece based on the guess thread on the board and the #guessmeplease picture of Instagram yesterday.

I fucking love that record. Shearwater reinterpreted 'You Don't Pull No Punches, But You Don't Push The River' into the song Home Life. Bulbs is such a jam.  Astral Weeks is still GOAT, but Veedon is such a classic that rarely gets any exposure.

I upgraded to a full subscription last month or so, and have no real interest in this ROTM.  (I’ve also caught up on past swappable releases, more or less.). Is there anything that anybody needs for $33 PPD or so?  Not into the idea of trying to flip VMP exclusives and figured I’d offer this month to anyone without a sub who may want something.