The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Edit: Cosmogramma sold. Still have Mitski.

I got warped-but-no-skip copies of Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma and Mitski - Bury Me at Makeout Creek VMP editions for $16 each shipping included. $30 shipped for both. PM me if that sounds like something you’d dig! Thanks.

Edited by swb

6 minutes ago, bubb4 said:

How'd you get this? Was this via email or is there a code to use?

I've gotten this before, it's a specific e-mail. I think you only get it when you are a lapsed member for a number of months. I received one in December but there wasn't anything interesting so I passed.

34 minutes ago, bubb4 said:

How'd you get this? Was this via email or is there a code to use?

yeah, via email

i make a subscription for Queen record, then cancel it

will wait for next month, may be they will have some interesting stuff, dunno

but for now i own only Queen and Gorillaz LP's and i'm ok with it

Can someone explain the following logic to me:

There is worldwide free shipping on their entire store, but for international people the monthly sub is almost 50% more expensive than for US people? 

If they have some kind of magic deal to send stuff for free worldwide, why not let their real members get in on it? Doesn’t make sense to me.

No rant obviously, just curious.

Edited by mesi

Just now, mesi said:

If they have some kind of magic deal to send stuff for free worldwide, why not let their real members get in on it? Doesn’t make sense to me.

They don't. They just have a business account with FedEx (and whoever else) that any corporation that ships goods would have. It doesn't make it free for them, just most cost-friendly with the quantities that they ship out. An Int'l member is paying up front for their record(s) and then a set-price for shipping that's built into the membership cost.

5 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

They don't. They just have a business account with FedEx (and whoever else) that any corporation that ships goods would have. It doesn't make it free for them, just most cost-friendly with the quantities that they ship out. An Int'l member is paying up front for their record(s) and then a set-price for shipping that's built into the membership cost.

Thanks for your reply.

I get that, but I just figured that since they started offering that free shipping to non-members (starting last summer I think), that international members would also get some kind of discount on their shipping or membership. Seems logical to me.

15 minutes ago, mesi said:

Can someone explain the following logic to me:

There is worldwide free shipping on their entire store, but for international people the monthly sub is almost 50% more expensive than for US people? 

No rant obviously, just curious.

I feel the same way. If I was charged the US rate to ship to Canada, I'd be a regular subscriber. But now I just wait for whatever I want to be in the store and buy it with no shipping cost. And if it means I wait a few months to get something, I'm game.

5 minutes ago, mesi said:

Thanks for your reply.

I get that, but I just figured that since they started offering that free shipping to non-members (starting last summer I think), that international members would also get some kind of discount on their shipping or membership. Seems logical to me.

Ohhh, I gotcha now. Yeah I've only ever seen retailers offer any type of free shipping on a domestic level but then Int'l remains in place. Hopefully they knock some of the other non-member prices down.

47 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

I feel the same way. If I was charged the US rate to ship to Canada, I'd be a regular subscriber. But now I just wait for whatever I want to be in the store and buy it with no shipping cost. And if it means I wait a few months to get something, I'm game.

That is exactly where I am at, just try and wait until their exclusives are open to everyone and get free shipping.  Good to see you came to the same conclusion. 

4 hours ago, Sidney Crosley said:

since it's fed ex... do you get customs fees every time?

42 minutes ago, freedumb said:

since it's fed ex... do you get customs fees every time?

Nope. They value everything at $1 each so no duties. Shocked the hell outta me because I thought you’re not allowed to do that....not complaining. Sometimes if they have a standard press of something that is a couple bucks more than a US store I’ll go for it since I know there’s no shipping fees or duties. 

Well, Veedon Fleece is a pretty package. Love the metallics used on the cover. Art print card stock is nice. Well done. 

But it's an absolute crime they don't ship the inner sleeves on the outside. Mine came absolutely torn the fuck up, needlessly. It's not like they are vacuum sealing these things... I know they just want it to look pretty as a peach when you first open the package but... That image is quickly sullied when your nice inner sleeves has a second asshole :(

just a minor complaint :)

Edited by rooks

44 minutes ago, rooks said:

Well, Veedon Fleece is a pretty package. Love the metallics used on the cover. Art print card stock is nice. Well done. 

But it's an absolute crime they don't ship the inner sleeves on the outside. Mine came absolutely torn the fuck up, needlessly. It's not like they are vacuum sealing these things... I know they just want it to look pretty as a peach when you first open the package but... That image is quickly sullied when your nice inner sleeves has a second asshole :(

Yeah, I just recieved that VMP Miles/Coltrane Live 2xLP from Paris. Seam splits all up and down the jacket. Bent corner. And 1 inch gash across side B track 1. Not pleased that I rejoined. 

Pretty much all the LPs I get from them have seam splits. The copy of The Books I have has like a 3 or 4 inch split across the top. It annoys me.