The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

I haven’t had any seam splits out of the 12 or so albums I’ve got from VMP but almost everything has been somewhat warped. 5-6 have had some kind of scratch that causes ticks or weird surface noise flare ups. Their support team is great about sending replacements so it hasn’t been too annoying in the end despite the frequency of issues.

7 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Did anyone received a warped or damaged Queen ANATO? I've been holding this record for my wife's bday. If there's a chance this is warped, I'll be forced to open this now...

I don't know about warping but I think people had noise issues?  I don't believe it came sealed so you should be able to check it out easy. 

3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

I don't know about warping but I think people had noise issues?  I don't believe it came sealed so you should be able to check it out easy. 

Mine came sealed and from what I can tell is there are no seam splits. I'm more worried about warping. I wouldn't be able to replace this being so long after it sold out...

7 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

Mine came sealed and from what I can tell is there are no seam splits. I'm more worried about warping. I wouldn't be able to replace this being so long after it sold out...

I thought mine came in a re-seal-able sleeve but maybe I'm wrong.  I have int in one of my regular sleeves now.  

1 minute ago, Dougie Jones said:

All of their records come in resealable sleeves. I've never had one that didn't.

The only reasons A Night at the Opera is different is because they were sent to a different facility to be re-packaged because the originals sleeves were wrong.  That's why it was delayed about a month.  So maybe the new facility only shrink wrapped them.  

Just now, YouTwo said:

The only reasons A Night at the Opera is different is because they were sent to a different facility to be re-packaged because the originals sleeves were wrong.  That's why it was delayed about a month.  So maybe the new facility only shrink wrapped them.  

True that. The last album I ordered was the Snoop Dogg and that one came in a resealable sleeve. But ANATO came in a shrink wrap

2 minutes ago, VinylMario said:

True that. The last album I ordered was the Snoop Dogg and that one came in a resealable sleeve. But ANATO came in a shrink wrap

Yeah... now I kind of recall the art print and obi strip all shrink wrapped together because I thought it was kind of weird.  If you have an extra re-sealable sleeve you could just open it test it out and put it the re-sealable one.  

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Yeah... now I kind of recall the art print and obi strip all shrink wrapped together because I thought it was kind of weird.  If you have an extra re-sealable sleeve you could just open it test it out and put it the re-sealable one.  

Yeah I have tons of resealables. I'll try it tonight when wifey's at work. I'll try and preserve as much of the hype sticker as possible. Not gonna be as special as it would've been tho. I gift her records all the time lol. Part of the disease...

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

Essentials is 3 Feet + there's a /1000 for De la Soul Is Dead. Unfortunately, the site crashed from traffic, and as per the VMP forums, they're aiming to get it back up at 5pm EST.

I am familiar with the categories, but does this mean i wouldnt be able to pick up both by signing up? I would like to grab both of i was going to sign up, if possible. 

22 minutes ago, GoBlue325 said:

I am familiar with the categories, but does this mean i wouldnt be able to pick up both by signing up? I would like to grab both of i was going to sign up, if possible. 

You can grab both; if you sign up, be sure to choose the Essentials track, then you can buy the other one from the store if it's still in stock. Be sure to be on around 5 EST though; it'll go fast.

19 minutes ago, jason202 said:

Even better: So...How's Your Girl? by Handsome Boy Modeling School (Automator and Prince Paul circa-1999) is being reissued on the Hip Hop track.

It's a good pick, but let's be real here...better than DLS?

35 minutes ago, jason202 said:

Even better: So...How's Your Girl? by Handsome Boy Modeling School (Automator and Prince Paul circa-1999) is being reissued on the Hip Hop track.

Great album. My copy is a bit banged up so hopefully this will also come out other places.  Also it might mean that the 3rd lp that they talked about last year might come soon!