The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

52 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I’m glad the site crashed initially because if it didn’t I would’ve missed out. I thought they were going up tomorrow. 

Its kinda shitty that if you don’t pay attention to their forum posts you’ll miss out on the hot exclusives. 

Yeah, same here! For being a pretty huge release in the hip hop crowd it was hard to find out about.

Same thing with there sales too.. the last two that happened when i was a member they were sold out of the best deals before I even found out about it.

Probably a stupid question, but this was the first time signing up for VMP. If I wanted both records of the month, i have to sign up for “two tracks”, correct? Then cancel one of them if I only want to choose from a single album in the following months? I assume I cannot sign up for De La and then just add Handsome Boy to my cart.

15 minutes ago, GoBlue325 said:

Probably a stupid question, but this was the first time signing up for VMP. If I wanted both records of the month, i have to sign up for “two tracks”, correct? Then cancel one of them if I only want to choose from a single album in the following months? I assume I cannot sign up for De La and then just add Handsome Boy to my cart.

You can sign up for one then add another one to your package for $23 (at least, that's how much it is for me on a 3-month sub)

17 minutes ago, GoBlue325 said:

Yeah, you have to subscribe to both tracks to get any of the three albums they have for the current albums of the month. Then, like you said cancel one of them and you can switch the one remaining track to whichever one you want month to month if you want to stay longer and you can also pick from a usually pretty large swap page with a bunch of the former albums of the month and store exclusives.

If they have leftovers of the albums of the month they eventually get put into the regular store as well but there is no guarantee if it sells out or something.

On 2/26/2019 at 10:01 PM, Saxonjulin said:

De La Soul Is Dead is now SOLD OUT! Hope everyone who wanted 1 got 1

Are you sure it's sold out? I just joined the Hip Hop track and as of right now it's still allowing me to add the Essentials track to get 3 Feet High and Rising. I'm new to VMP subs so maybe I'm missing something here.

1 minute ago, jason202 said:

Are you sure it's sold out? I just joined the Hip Hop track and as of right now it's still allowing me to add the Essentials track to get 3 Feet High and Rising. I'm new to VMP subs so maybe I'm missing something here.

three feet high and rising is the record of the month.

de la is dead is their 2nd lp and has been sold out for quick minute.

1 minute ago, jason202 said:

Are you sure it's sold out? I just joined the Hip Hop track and as of right now it's still allowing me to add the Essentials track to get 3 Feet High and Rising. I'm new to VMP subs so maybe I'm missing someth
ing here.

3 Feet High and rising is the "Essentials" pick.  De La Soul is Dead was an exclusive they did on yellow/green split that was limited to 1,000 copies.

• 2 weeks later...

No more free shipping for non-members starting tomorrow:

Starting March 12th, 2019, new orders will be charged $4.95 shipping per order within the U.S. and $14.95 internationally. Any orders placed before this date will not be impacted. These rates are based on the average shipping cost we incur on non-member orders.

Also, they are changing their policy on customs fees, so no more refunds or credits starting from tomorrow as well. Pretty sure that they will see a huge drop off in international members. I totally get why they have to stop it though.

[...]While we want all of our customers to know we have the best, most compassionate customer service out there, crediting back customs fees levied by the governments of other countries was jeopardizing our ability to serve all of our international customers.[...]

3 minutes ago, mesi said:

No more free shipping for non-members starting tomorrow:

Starting March 12th, 2019, new orders will be charged $4.95 shipping per order within the U.S. and $14.95 internationally. Any orders placed before this date will not be impacted. These rates are based on the average shipping cost we incur on non-member orders.

Also, they are changing their policy on customs fees, so no more refunds or credits starting from tomorrow as well. Pretty sure that they will see a huge drop off in international members. I totally get why they have to stop it though.

[...]While we want all of our customers to know we have the best, most compassionate customer service out there, crediting back customs fees levied by the governments of other countries was jeopardizing our ability to serve all of our international customers.[...]

So for those of us within the US with a Crate subscription... does that mean there’s a monthly fee of $6.00, which just enables you to order exclusives for the listed price and $4.95 for shipping?  That’s what I’m interpreting.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So for those of us within the US with a Crate subscription... does that mean there’s a monthly fee of $6.00, which just enables you to order exclusives for the listed price and $4.95 for shipping?  That’s what I’m interpreting.

That's how I interpreted it since the full thing mentioned "Record of the Month Subscribers" a couple of times.  

Paying import duties, offering free international shipping, and giving away free replacement copies with no questions asked was way way way more than good customer service. It was a little bananas. I don't think anyone can fault them for rolling back some of those perks. They might have a case against them for setting unreasonable expectations though. :P

I was really skeptical of this company when it first hit the internet. After seeing what they were about and ordering some records and realizing they put out a quality product, my mind was changed. They ship their records with the works and make a 29 dollar monthly fee worth it. That’s not easy to do. 

Nothing but good experiences with them and while I don’t love everything they put out the good stuff more than makes up for it. I hope they stay in business and keep releasing really good records. I just ordered that De La ROTM because it’s beautiful and got TVOTR a couple weeks ago. Also that Main Source was perfect and just in time. 

Hopefully they keep it up. 

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Boourns....i still have a crate sub too...but I haven't ordered anything since that last Beach House exclusive