The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

9 minutes ago, ThunderPantz said:

Check your copies of Handsome Boy Modeling School when you get them. Mine was warped. Didn't seem to affect play but it took the needle for a wild ride.

Honestly this is my biggest gripe with VMP, a lot of the records I receive are heavily warped.

58 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Why do you guys keep subscribing if they are all warped? Not trying to be a dick, just asking.

I'm assuming you guys don't own a vinyl flat?

Warped records aren’t a deal breaker for me. It doesn’t seem to affect their sound so I don’t care. If I did I know I could email them and they’d send a replacement instantly. It’s just a quality control thing for me, if I see it often I can only assume that others are as well. A record subscription service should do better. 

36 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Really? What do they have on there? 

88708884-a51e-45b3-a320-7663c40e2340-jpe

It seems like they are very open to selling large quantities of probably albums that aren't selling well. I've seen other sites selling them as well as some sellers on amazon and ebay who have quite a few copies of there albums. It's why I don't touch any of there exclusives unless it's something I really want or think it will sell out since there's a pretty great chance you will probably be able to grab it at least half off down the road.

On March 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM, Derek™ said:

So for those of us within the US with a Crate subscription... does that mean there’s a monthly fee of $6.00, which just enables you to order exclusives for the listed price and $4.95 for shipping?  That’s what I’m interpreting.

Looks like I still get free shipping with the Crate subscription (it notates I'm saving $4.95 for being a member at checkout).

On 3/12/2019 at 10:51 PM, kisol said:

https://www.bullmoose.com/c/11729/collectable-vinyl

Looks like the Miles Davis, Feist, Mavis Staples, and TV on the Radio records of the month. 

Just got an email from Bullmoose:

This is an update regarding your purchase of: FEIST/LET IT DIE@180G SEAFOAM GREEN VINYL . Unfortunately this release was cancelled. We won't be able to get it for you. We charge credit cards right before we ship, so we didn't charge you for this. Sorry for the disappointment. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, dapeebs said:

Same. Well, if anyone here happens to want it on the cheap, hit me up. Definitely not something I'm into at all.

Was there a demand for that album to even be repressed?  Is it critically acclaimed?  Not familiar with the artist at all, but willing to accept I’m just not in the right demographic for it.  Seemed like a bizarre choice for ROTM, but what do I know?

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Was there a demand for that album to even be repressed?  Is it critically acclaimed?  Not familiar with the artist at all, but willing to accept I’m just not in the right demographic for it.  Seemed like a bizarre choice for ROTM, but what do I know?

I think it had been out of print since the 80's and she's a pretty big name in country music so i'm sure there was SOME demand.  But not something I'm into at all.  I ended up swapping for Little Simz.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

I think it had been out of print since the 80's and she's a pretty big name in country music so i'm sure there was SOME demand.  But not something I'm into at all.  I ended up swapping for Little Simz.

Definitely a weird ROTM. A country album from 1970 doesn't strike me as something that would be under the Essentials record for the month. Although I guess it is on me for spacing out and not swapping it out in time. Would gladly have swapped for the Crumb record if I had remembered. 

3 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Definitely a weird ROTM. A country album from 1970 doesn't strike me as something that would be under the Essentials record for the month. Although I guess it is on me for spacing out and not swapping it out in time. Would gladly have swapped for the Crumb record if I had remembered. 

Crumb actually was released after the swaps closed.  Also,  it looks like now you can only swap for stuff that will be shipping for that month.  I was hoping to be able to swap for the Stars album but it wasn't available because it's not shipping until May.  

Just now, YouTwo said:

Crumb actually was released after the swaps closed.  Also,  it looks like now you can only swap for stuff that will be shipping for that month.  I was hoping to be able to swap for the Stars album but it wasn't available because it's not shipping until May.  

Damn that's pretty stupid. So you can pretty much only swap for the other ROTM or an existing pressing. Oh well. Might cancel if the next month's stuff isn't anything interesting. Glad I grabbed that Crumb album when I did anyway.

5 minutes ago, dapeebs said:

Damn that's pretty stupid. So you can pretty much only swap for the other ROTM or an existing pressing. Oh well. Might cancel if the next month's stuff isn't anything interesting. Glad I grabbed that Crumb album when I did anyway.

Yeah, that's why I said the swap selection was pretty poor.  It was only the Exclusives that are already shipping or past ROTM's.  And they aren't currently doing curated titles so there wasn't any of those to choose from either.