The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

37 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Crumb actually was released after the swaps closed.  Also,  it looks like now you can only swap for stuff that will be shipping for that month.  I was hoping to be able to swap for the Stars album but it wasn't available because it's not shipping until May.  

Apparently Stars isn’t selling crazy well so you should be able to swap for it next month if you still happen to be a member. 

9 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

If Crumb comes back in stock can someone please message me? Did not know this was happening, FML.

Indie variant sounds like a nicer fit but I’ll keep my eye on the VMP store for you.  Not sure if I’ve ever seen those limited exclusives pop back up though.

I blame my complete and total ignorance with most everything country, and a lot of music from the 70s in general.  The combination make for something that flies way off my radar, I guess.

8 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Only place I see that at is Rough Trade...sound about right? And thanks!

Yup, I think thar’s about all that’s left.  At least from any known retailers.  I don’t think RT charges until they ship, too, if that’s something you’re into.

Even a lot of the newer generation would know Loretta Lynn I would think.. She won a Grammy at  70-80 years old about 10-15 years ago for the classic album Van Lear Rose which was even one of the Vaults on Third Man Records. In Baseball terms she's an easy first ballot hall of famer for sure. Coal Miners Daughter was also turned into a pretty big movie a few years after the album about her life. I get not knowing about it if you're not a fan of Country music but it's def. worthy overall if you look at the history of it.

11 minutes ago, hype said:

Even a lot of the newer generation would know Loretta Lynn I would think.. She won a Grammy at  70-80 years old about 10-15 years ago for the classic album Van Lear Rose which was even one of the Vaults on Third Man Records. In Baseball terms she's an easy first ballot hall of famer for sure. Coal Miners Daughter was also turned into a pretty big movie a few years after the album about her life. I get not knowing about it if you're not a fan of Country music but it's def. worthy overall if you look at the history of it.

It's probably because I grew up surrounded by rednecks in Georgia, but I don't see how someone couldn't know Loretta Lynn.

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, YouTwo said:

Based on some of the comments by staff over there today... They don't care. 

I’m curious to see what they have to say. I’ll check it out in a bit. 

I don’t post there but it’s fun to read about music I’m not familiar with. Some of the people there are awful but I think it’s interesting enough to keep around. Very strange decision. 

I'm glad they're doing this. The angry assholes on that board are the same people returning every record they get with a small warp or seam split. Entitled jackasses the whole lot of 'em. I'm sure they're more of a detriment to the VMP business model than the forums could ever help.

I live in the most miserably humid part of the US and I've had a record come too warped to play less than 5 times in over 15 years of collecting. Y'all suck, simple.

18 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

I’m curious to see what they have to say. I’ll check it out in a bit. 

I don’t post there but it’s fun to read about music I’m not familiar with. Some of the people there are awful but I think it’s interesting enough to keep around. Very strange decision. 

it's like they say on the forums over there, a move like this would usually suggest an imminent buy-out or alternatively they're seeking VC funding.

the more (and bigger) investors interested, the more they'll want the forums moderated due to whatever potential liability they might be subject to.

they're also right in that it's pretty much a "club" in name only now.

i wasn't on there a ton but it was far from being a bunch of angry assholes for sure.. easily the most chill and respectful forum I have ever seen to the point it got annoying at times.. I got some good info on pre-orders I would have missed along with a couple good albums from there PIF thread as well. incredibly stupid decision by vmp followed by even more idiotic responses by the ceo and staff which just made things worse by making up clear bs reasons and telling people to go join the facebook group 🤣

they had almost a hive mentality going in that forum with much of the members feeling extremely loyal and buying tons of records they normally wouldnt have.. there could be some buyout or something much bigger at play though which would make much more sense because the whole statement that they continue to love there members and are just putting the forum on "pause" is clearly bs with much more truth hidden there somewhere.

17 minutes ago, stI_ben said:

I'm glad they're doing this. The angry assholes on that board are the same people returning every record they get with a small warp or seam split. Entitled jackasses the whole lot of 'em. I'm sure they're more of a detriment to the VMP business model than the forums could ever help.

I live in the most miserably humid part of the US and I've had a record come too warped to play less than 5 times in over 15 years of collecting. Y'all suck, simple.

As someone who has undoubtedly sold almost as many limited edition Vinyl Me Please exclusives as the company itself, where do you see the future of both the forums and VMP headed?

Just now, just a normal guy kevin said:

As someone who has undoubtedly sold almost as many limited edition Vinyl Me Please exclusives as the company itself, where do you see the future of both the forums and VMP headed?

And they slowly trickle back. Welcome back Bake, your schtick doesn't work on me.