The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

3 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I'd love to see these people migrate over here and become mainstays. But hey...they're all probably mostly flippers anyways. But then again, they'd fit right in. Ha!

They actually got their own forum up and running already. 

Flipping actually got shit on pretty bad over there.  There was actually a thread to give away records with the only exception being that you would also give one away after you claim one. 

Edited by YouTwo

Yeah. They actually give records to each other for free and cut each other pretty solid deals all the time. 

From what I remember, they were OK with flipping in general on Discogs or eBay but they would dog pile on egregious flipping or trying to gouge other forum users. There is a stronger sense of wanting to maintain good standing there, as well, so, if you got called out for flipping, you couldn't just do a heel turn and become an ironic and defiant troll. So, if people do flip there, it's less loud and off forum.

21 hours ago, swb said:

Yeah. They actually give records to each other for free and cut each other pretty solid deals all the time. 

Yeah, it's called the Pay It Forward Thread. I'll admit, it's pretty awesome. I've nabbed so many good albums from that thread:

Sleep - The Scientist

Flying Lotus

Gorillaz Demon Days

Bunch of Jazz, Monk, Miles

The National Boxer, etc.

I've probably grabbed 25 LPs from that thread. People are very generous over there.  I've also given away 25 or 30 LPs that I had duplicates of or didn't listen to anymore.  Works out for everyone. One big vinyl record trading session.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Agreed. Both are good albums but are extremely easy to find and their versions aren't that impressive/different. And even worse I couldn't find anything to swap to. 

I was never active on the VMP forums, but between doing away with them and taking the Newbury approach to select ROTM, it seems like they’re really screwing the pooch this month.

16 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Agreed. Both are good albums but are extremely easy to find and their versions aren't that impressive/different. And even worse I couldn't find anything to swap to. 

Having the full Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik album on vinyl for the first time ever isn't impressive/different enough for you?