The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

Keep in mind there's a 5th Anniversary edition with a remixes and b-sides extra lp out there. Or you could buy this one & that Extras lp separately.

Also check out his Dark Red album. For fans of Fly Lo or early Baths.

1 hour ago, Ex-Quillette Grifter said:

Keep in mind there's a 5th Anniversary edition with a remixes and b-sides extra lp out there. Or you could buy this one & that Extras lp separately.

Also check out his Dark Red album. For fans of Fly Lo or early Baths.

buying the bundle in the aftermarket for the extra LP is a waste of money, you only get a paper wrap around vs. buying standalone.

standalone extras LP can be found for dirt cheap as well.

Question for VMP subscribers: When they say "swap" if you don't like the LP of the month, can you swap for ANYTHING in the shop, or does it have to be one of the other current LPs of the month or a former LP of the month? Debating if I wanna sign up, and I think this is the deciding factor.

32 minutes ago, TheWindBlower said:

Question for VMP subscribers: When they say "swap" if you don't like the LP of the month, can you swap for ANYTHING in the shop, or does it have to be one of the other current LPs of the month or a former LP of the month? Debating if I wanna sign up, and I think this is the deciding factor.

There’s a list of things you can swap for. They could be store exclusives or old rotm. But most of the time new store exclusives aren’t swaps

Apparently 100 copies of Desert Sessions were sold the first 20 mins so there's a chance this will go pretty quick, wonder if it'll survive the 72 hrs.

3 minutes ago, freverend said:

AOTM will be Soft Bulletin (99.9% sure 😊)

An album I, for some criminal reason, never picked up. Was happy when I heard it was the likely selection.

QOTSA’s Songs For The Deaf coming next month.

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/vinyl-me-please-queens-of-the-stone-age/

“Our November Essentials Record of the Month is the White Whale, the record people have been asking about basically as soon as we pressed our first exclusive Record of the Month: Queens of the Stone Age’s Songs for the Deaf. Our special edition will come on colored vinyl, pressed at Pallas, and we’ll tell you about more details when we officially launch this title in late October. These will be shipped starting in the first two weeks of November.”

Edited by kisol

4 minutes ago, Dr.Kibbe said:

The announcement email said that they aren't offering one month subs anymore, but I was able to reactivate my old subscription to monthly.

I was 50/50 a few days ago on resubbing to get The Soft Bulletin... Songs for the Deaf next month made it a no brainer.

I think they only won't allow new members to go month to month. I've dipped in and out since they changed that policy without having to commit.

Cynical side of me is wondering whether the announcement of the next 3 AOTMs and the decision to remove month-to-month accounts are signs they're bracing for the upcoming recession that many are predicting for the end of the year. It seems like they're trying to gain as much locked in profit as possible over the next year or two, at the risk of losing short term profits.

Sorry to not fully understand this, but could someone clarify for me please? I currently have the ability to re-up and get the month-to-month subscription. Do you think if I don't do it this month for Soft Bulletin that I won't be able to re-up as month-to-month next month for SFTD? I don't want Soft Bulletin and I don't want to do a 3-month sub, but do want SFTD.

Edited by wiscodeman

Sorry to not fully understand this, but could someone clarify for me please? I currently have the ability to re-up and get the month-to-month subscription. Do you think if I don't do it this month for Soft Bulletin that I won't be able to re-up as month-to-month next month for SFTD? I don't want Soft Bulletin and I don't want to do a 3-month sub, but do want SFTD.

Edit: the site crashed when I went to hit save and it double-posted for some reason. Sorry.

Edited by wiscodeman

Just now, wiscodeman said:

Sorry to not fully understand this, but could someone clarify for me please? I do have the ability to re-up and get the month-to-month subscription. Do you think if I don't do it this month for Soft Bulletin that I won't be able to re-up as month-to-month next month for SFTD? I don't want Soft Bulletin and I don't want to do a 3-month sub, but do want SFTD.

Re-up next month for SFTD using your grandfathered one-month option.

5 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Ok that's what I'll do then, thanks!

Do you know the approx date for when next month's AOTM will go live?

I think they're trying to make the point that you should sign up now because they might not be available next month. If sign up now you'll get Flaming Lips this month and Songs for the Deaf next month. 

I just chatted with them:

Me: I just reupped my month-to-month for the Soft Bulletin. Am I guaranteed a Songs For the Deaf as long as I keep my subscription active through that sign up date? 

VMP: Yeah, so as long as you don't cancel between now and November (I wouldn't cancel until you have 'Songs for the Deaf' in your hands, honestly), you'll be all set to receive it!