The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

24 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

Those thinking of waiting for next month before signing up should be careful. I’m pretty sure they anticipate all spots filling up before they even get to that point. 

Yeah, I just re-upped and now I gotta find something to swap for that Flaming Lips album. I have like -6% interest in it.

1 hour ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yeah, I just re-upped and now I gotta find something to swap for that Flaming Lips album. I have like -6% interest in it.

Not that I don’t trust your musical tastes and judgement but have you given it a fair chance? It’s a really fantastic album in my opinion with some nice variety. 

45 minutes ago, tetsuodaironman said:

Btw, can anyone still get that Jim Sullivan album? I am very interested in it.

I can get you Tets. There wasn't anything I was crazy about swapping for this month and I already have two copies of Soft Bulletin. Swapped out for it already.

1 hour ago, pepperonigin said:

Not that I don’t trust your musical tastes and judgement but have you given it a fair chance? It’s a really fantastic album in my opinion with some nice variety. 

I really respect TFL a lot, but something about their music just rubs me the wrong way. I remember the videos from this album, and maybe it's an associative judgement. I mean, if I don't see something else I "need" I'll probably grab it, but I doubt I'd listen to it more than twice. Again, their very talented and inventive/ unique, but it's just not my cuppa joe (usually).

43 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I really respect TFL a lot, but something about their music just rubs me the wrong way. I remember the videos from this album, and maybe it's an associative judgement. I mean, if I don't see something else I "need" I'll probably grab it, but I doubt I'd listen to it more than twice. Again, their very talented and inventive/ unique, but it's just not my cuppa joe (usually).

The Flaming Lips should always be judged on an album by album basis, you never know what you're gonna get. I know pitchfork sucks but Zaireeka and The Soft Bulletin are a good example, Zaireeka got a 0.0 then next album The Soft Bulletin pulled a perfect 10.

42 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The Flaming Lips should always be judged on an album by album basis, you never know what you're gonna get. I know pitchfork sucks but Zaireeka and The Soft Bulletin are a good example, Zaireeka got a 0.0 then next album The Soft Bulletin pulled a perfect 10.

No doubt Soft Bulletin is amazing. I'd go so far as to say it's my favorite album from them. They really fell off for me post-At War With The Mystics, so I'm not a huge fan any more, but the earlier stuff is great.

Long story short, I'm with shlebs on this one.

56 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I know you are 100% right on the album AND pitchfork points. Just not for me. Shit, if you want it and to not join VMP. I'll sell it to you for $33 shipped. 

5 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F312784030630

What a loser this guy is

But it was already confirmed to be red/black marble? Must have missed that.

Yeah if you scroll down you'll see it in fine print

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/vinyl-me-please-queens-of-the-stone-age/

5 hours ago, Ratsky9 said:

Is there any way to see the list of available swaps before signing up? Also don’t see myself listening to The Flaming Lips album all that much.

No... you have to be subscribed to your track to see the swap options.  If you have a specific record in my mind, I can check for you.