The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

23 hours ago, JPHendrick said:

Holy shit. That's unexpected. And VERY welcome. Thanks for the heads up! Interesting that it's slightly discounted right out of the date. If it's truly a VMP exclusive, I'd expect it will sell out very quickly. Or perhaps it's not "limited".

But yea, still waiting for When The Pawn....

I've read elsewhere that it is not very limited.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LeeKaye said:

Anyone know if they mark down value for customs to the UK? They didn't used to...

i cancelled my membership in august but before that i never had a customs fee, there wasn't even a value on the sticker on the front of the parcel. i believe they pay the customs on your behalf and factor that into the price of the membership. i don't know if that's changed though

Pretty sure you need to be grandfathered in to be eligible for one month subscriptions.

On another note, I recently had to open a PayPal claim against VMP.  They cancelled 2 orders at my request a few weeks ago saying I would be refunded in 2-4 business days. They still haven't refunded me or responded to my emails.

Also haven't received any word on my order from Black Friday. 

They seem to have no problem emailing me about more stuff to buy.

Edited by Smellman

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, xen0m0rph said:

How fast I should make swaps to have all 2 options available?

Got an email about rotm on 28 Dec, opened it within 20 minutes, trying to swap, both options was sold out.

PS checked it now, nerd was available for swaps 

The other genres have been sold out for the last month basically. Cool you were able to get in for the RHH, I was a RHH member and tried to switch last month's ROTM (too late) and ended up swapping to Essentials and have been stuck with it haha.

4 hours ago, dapeebs said:

Anybody know what the deal with swaps is now? I know you can't swap for any pre-orders anymore but I'm trying to swap this month and there's very limited options. Was really hoping to swap to Demon Days. 

Have you been following the reddit VMP? It's basically been a shit show for the last 2 months since they migrated to a new website. Lots of changes, some are glitches, some aren't. A lot of things are limited, like only being able to swap once and you're locked in. ROTM's being available to the public. The list goes on tbh haha, not to mention their mail order has been super backed up as well as people receiving multiple copies of records on accident or the wrong ones (like, a lot of people, including myself)

Anyway, I hope they fix some things soon. Supposedly the swap limitations atm are potentially temporary, for whatever that's worth haha

Edited by corey.

4 hours ago, corey. said:

Have you been following the reddit VMP? It's basically been a shit show for the last 2 months since they migrated to a new website. Lots of changes, some are glitches, some aren't. A lot of things are limited, like only being able to swap once and you're locked in. ROTM's being available to the public. The list goes on tbh haha, not to mention their mail order has been super backed up as well as people receiving multiple copies of records on accident or the wrong ones (like, a lot of people, including myself)

Anyway, I hope they fix some things soon. Supposedly the swap limitations atm are potentially temporary, for whatever that's worth haha

I ended up cancelling my membership in December when I couldn’t swap out the Aretha record. Customer service told me it was a glitch and couldn’t do anything about it, at which point I told them I wanted to cancel my month to month membership. They told me they couldn’t do that either. I had to call my credit card company to deauthorize my automatic payments. I don’t know what’s going on over there, but it doesn’t seem very sustainable for the long term.