The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

I tried to swap for Black Pumas and Frances Quinlan, but neither were available. I feel like most of what’s available are the past records of the month that have been there for years. Nothing of much quality to swap for. This is why I cancelled the last time, and looks like I’m primed to cancel again after I get my White Stripes record next month. 

Welp, I'm getting T-Pain this month, since I've owned Bella Donna for years when I bought it for 1 dollar at a thrift store AND I own a 7" with the only 2 songs anyone gives a fuck about on this album. This is just a lame month, since I almost never care about the classics and I do not care about Salt N Peppa. All the good swaps are gone and I couldn't even swap to what I wanted.

3 hours ago, kas1985 said:

I tried to swap for Black Pumas and Frances Quinlan, but neither were available. I feel like most of what’s available are the past records of the month that have been there for years. Nothing of much quality to swap for. This is why I cancelled the last time, and looks like I’m primed to cancel again after I get my White Stripes record next month. 

Doing the same. Did you join for the Vault box set via TMR? 

• 1 month later...

So it looks like the June Rap Record of the Month is Future - Honest. I have no interest in this record so I thought I would throw it out there again but I am looking for either Snoop Doggy Dog - Doggystyle or Juvenile - 400 Degreez. If you have those for trade and would want something else I am able to swap this for please let me know as I have until tomorrow to swap.

• 1 month later...

Are any other Essentials subscribers getting emails asking if you are willing to swap this months release (Buena Vista Social Club) for store credit? I got one a few days ago and now I have one that  says they will give me store credit plus 20%. Looks like it has been oversold like they (used to?) do with airline seats.

13 minutes ago, ExtraFox said:

Are any other Essentials subscribers getting emails asking if you are willing to swap this months release (Buena Vista Social Club) for store credit? I got one a few days ago and now I have one that  says they will give me store credit plus 20%. Looks like it has been oversold like they (used to?) do with airline seats.

Yeah.  That's exactly what happened - they oversold it, so they're trying to avoid a shitshow.   It's already on backorder for people who signed up late for it.