The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

4 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Really happy I signed up for a 3 month then for Spiritualized. Have a feeling that may be the same. 

Bleh.  What's the most strategic time to join for that?  I didn't think the Spiritualized reissue would be a shit-show but VMP continues to prove that that's their whole approach to just about everything these days.  Don't really need a 3-month sub and I'm not sure if there's anything I can swap out to get my money's worth.  (I do a crate membership that treats me well enough, as far as catching those occasional must-haves.)  Really don't want to join at the end of August and risk being on a waitlist or settling for store credit.

12 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Bleh.  What's the most strategic time to join for that?  I didn't think the Spiritualized reissue would be a shit-show but VMP continues to prove that that's their whole approach to just about everything these days.  Don't really need a 3-month sub and I'm not sure if there's anything I can swap out to get my money's worth.  (I do a crate membership that treats me well enough, as far as catching those occasional must-haves.)  Really don't want to join at the end of August and risk being on a waitlist or settling for store credit.

How much is the crate sub per month? The swap for credits option has basically made it a free crate subscription if you don't mind building credit.

You could pay $81 for 3 months, if none of the 3 months appealed you could transfer them all back into credits to then pay for your next 3 month subscription, you'd still be part of the club with free shipping and access to exclusives, and you would no longer have to worry about dipping in and out when there is an exclusive you're interested in. The only downside is I think they charge for the next subscription before giving credits, so you might have to pay another $27 during your first quarter (which you'll get back in credit), and I guess they could pull the option to swap for credits at any point - they've been offering it for the last 3-4 months so I would hope it's going to continue.

The way I see it is you'd pay $108 for a lifetime crate subscription but you'd have $108 of store credit to use up when you decide you no longer want to be part of the club. As a member who's main interest is their store exclusives the credit swap option has been a game changer.

Edited by HeartSwells

32 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

This is gonna be a bit too rich for my interest level (I already have Good Morning Spider, the only one of these I really love) but is very very cool: 

http://www.vinylmeplease.com/magazine/sparklehorse-vinyl/

Though they share a name, this is not this: 

14 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I have to believe a larger repress with single editions available is on the horizon. 

You really think so?  They're using their favorite buzzword in the product description – "exclusive" – but that could very well just be for the box that houses everything.  Which I really don't mind paying an extra $20 or so for, vs. buying them individually.  I'd just be annoyed to grab this for $200 and then see some /500 or /1,000 colored versions surface a month later, at $30 a piece from Bull Moose or something.

Edited by Derek™

25 minutes ago, ethereal said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but the kids in the VMP camp are in cahoots with VMP over a user named Viceron who apparently has a private deal with VMP to be allocated hundreds of VMP editions to flip, many were banned from their forum for complaining/bringing it up:

Are you using cahoots wrong? None of that makes any sense.

19 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

I have to believe a larger repress with single editions available is on the horizon. 

Why? Looks like these have only been licensed in the past. Another label would have to come do the legwork to release individual copies. Only label that's been doing that is Plain and they suck.

11 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Yeah, it just sounds like the dude has coin and buys a shit ton of stuff to flip. There’s nothing indicating VMP is complicit. 

Yeah, it's a bunch of bored overly emotional internet justice warriors making a monumentally big deal out of hardly anything imo. The vinceron dude is clearly a douche but he's bragged about having 20+ accounts to buy stuff. He mostly has vmp releases that aren't even that hard to get anyways. 

People need to realize that every hobby ever pretty much has had flippers, it sucks sometimes but bitching in every vinyl outlet across the internet isn't going to change it. I bet vinceron is seeing some good sales from all this free publicity actually...

Just now, museummouth said:

I love Sparklehorse and have half of them already so I’m not interested in the box but damn that has to be one of the most overpriced sets I’ve seen in a while. Shouldn’t be over $130. 

Agreed.  Even with the discounted member price, it works out to ~$50 PPD for each release.  [Including Dreamt as a single LP.]

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but the kids in the VMP camp are in cahoots with VMP over a user named Viceron who apparently has a private deal with VMP to be allocated hundreds of VMP editions to flip, many were banned from their forum for complaining/bringing it up:

This guy just had a doom variant taken away by laced Bc of the way he operates.