The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

This company won't exist in a year. Those are truly outrageous prices. I've been an off and on member for the past few years but there are not many exclusives that would reel me in for $43 a month. I have a six month sub ending in December, that'll likely be it for me unless they get some absolutely insane albums.

4 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

This company won't exist in a year. Those are truly outrageous prices. I've been an off and on member for the past few years but there are not many exclusives that would reel me in for $43 a month. I have a six month sub ending in December, that'll likely be it for me unless they get some absolutely insane albums.

The only way they can retain memberships (and lure me back with the occasional guilt-ridden purchase) is if every month featured a genuine banger.  Stuff that's been OOP and rumored to be "in the works" for ages now.  I'd throw them $43 for an exclusive variant of Tool's Ænima, for example.  But there's absolutely no way that's going to happen.  It's a genuine shame that their company has devolved into this – they get some sweet exclusives and used to be reasonably priced for what you'd get.  And credit where credit is due to them for securing the rights to stuff like Demon Days or Songs for the Deaf and doing them justice with a good press.  I really think the owners let all that go to their head though, and now assume that they can let everything ride as it may with little regard to pricing or customer service.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The only way they can retain memberships (and lure me back with the occasional guilt-ridden purchase) is if every month featured a genuine banger.  Stuff that's been OOP and rumored to be "in the works" for ages now.  I'd throw them $43 for an exclusive variant of Tool's Ænima, for example.  But there's absolutely no way that's going to happen.  It's a genuine shame that their company has devolved into this – they get some sweet exclusives and used to be reasonably priced for what you'd get.  And credit where credit is due to them for securing the rights to stuff like Demon Days or Songs for the Deaf and doing them justice with a good press.  I really think the owners let all that go to their head though, and now assume that they can let everything ride as it may with little regard to pricing or customer service.

I agree. Perhaps there will be one or two exclusives a year I'd feel like I would need at that price point, tops. But they are actively discouraging multi-month plans because who wants to roll the dice at such an expensive price point? Even the yearly membership has each month coming in at $33 for something you may not even like. Insanity.

Personally, I think the company is in a death spiral and has been for some time. This reeks of absolute desperation and their giant shipping mishaps from a few months ago probably greatly accelerated their demise. I assume they were already dealing with thin profit margins and that just put them in the red with no way out. Whoever is steering that ship is just woefully inadequate. 

18 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I recently acquired and exclusive Ænima for less than that !!! It's a boot, but whatever.

1 hour ago, Reshiram said:

I wonder if they just saw the price of what some of their releases get flipped for and said "fuck it, why should we loose out on this money".

That's what milo did, his new album was $77 and took a while to sell out (like two weeks or something) and he kept going on and on about how if people REALLY appreciated his art they'd buy it........fuckin class traitor lmfao

14 hours ago, Reshiram said:

I wonder if they just saw the price of what some of their releases get flipped for and said "fuck it, why should we loose out on this money".

I thought this too, but rent freezes are ending this month and they're probs hemorrhaging subscribers. Imo a massive price hike without even teasing the releases that made it necessary or all the new features they have planned isn't a calculated move. This is all they have posted on twitter:

spacer.png

Never liked them. Based on mainly “vinyl me please” has to be the most cringe name of anything ever to exist. 

I only bought once for Demon Days but their model has always been 1 decent album and then 2 trash ones to entice people to sub for 3 months. 

I see they’re raising to $52 a month now?? Wtf 

Just now, Sh100by said:

They're trying to phase out subscriptions entirely so they can just sell $40 LPs and not have to worry about swapping and shit. This company got sold not too long ago right? It's kind of obvious.

That was my thought too. Everything from dumping the message board, to the poor inventory and shipping issues, to bad customer service to now increases in membership costs just screams not wanting to half ass shit and trying to straighten things out, trying to be a legitimate money making business. 

37 minutes ago, Sh100by said:

They're trying to phase out subscriptions entirely so they can just sell $40 LPs and not have to worry about swapping and shit. This company got sold not too long ago right? It's kind of obvious.

If My reCollection serves me, People Had and argumEnt about whetheR people Should buy $40 LPs Or Not. Someone warned us, I'm just not sure who...

Edited by Fowty Dollaz