The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

33 minutes ago, nate_8907 said:

You probably need a better collection and/or setup then

Pretty sure a collection is based on taste. For example, even if my setup is €100k, I don't foresee an "audiophile" pressing of the newest Lawrence Arms album nor do I think MoFi is going to do a run of Against Me albums or the Offspring s/t. 

So, unless you exclusively listen to classical, jazz, blues, popular folk, or classic rock, you're shit out of luck.

I don't think most popular artists give a single shit about analogue vs digital (or vinyl as anything other than a few extra doll hairs).

Edited by Fowty Dollaz

1 hour ago, nate_8907 said:

You probably need a better collection and/or setup then

I spin my virgin vinyl dmm audiophile 180g limited edition hand numbered remastered collectors editions on my Crosley for maximum quality.

Imagine just starting a hobby and knowing it all even after several knowledgeable posts tell you otherwise using examples.

2 hours ago, Sh100by said:

I spin my virgin vinyl dmm audiophile 180g limited edition hand numbered remastered collectors editions on my Crosley for maximum quality.

Imagine just starting a hobby and knowing it all even after several knowledgeable posts tell you otherwise using examples.

Imagine spending so much time on a message board you have 10,000 posts.

Why can’t a normal label like Numero get the rights to the Sparklehorse stuff? For fuck’s sake. Almost anyone besides VMP would have been cool. I feel pretty dirty after spending that much, but I guess I’m a sucker. RIP my foray back into the hobby. Gonna go back to listening to music with one AirPod.

7 minutes ago, Germs said:

Why can’t a normal label like Numero get the rights to the Sparklehorse stuff? For fuck’s sake. Almost anyone besides VMP would have been cool. I feel pretty dirty after spending that much, but I guess I’m a sucker. RIP my foray back into the hobby. Gonna go back to listening to music with one AirPod.

Numero would've been a perfect fit in my opinion, too.  And yeah, we all feel a little pretty gross about that purchase, I think.  Maybe we should start a support group.

6 hours ago, Germs said:

Numero would be a DREAM for these, jeez......

• 2 weeks later...