The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

10 minutes ago, pepperonigin said:

This is actually a really good month on all tracks.

I think it absolutely has to be given the customer morale after their new pricing rollout.  I am begrudgingly in for Spiritualized the moment it goes up, but then hope to wipe my hands clean until the next inevitable "VMP exclusive" lures me into logging on with my crate membership.  Next month is really going to illustrate who, exactly, have their money where their mouths are with the overwhelming amount of "I'm so done with VMP" posts.  (Not that they're unjustified.)

Edited by Derek™

2 hours ago, Shelby American said:

How? Once it sells out it'll cost more than that. If you want something it's best to pay the lowest price even if it's higher than the norm.

He doesn’t really think it’s “idiocy”. holyvacanthollyhell got butt hurt by me on a Deftones thread and he’s just looking for more of my attention. Just wait a second, he’ll say more stupid shit as soon as he reads this. 

38 minutes ago, Velocity of Sound said:

He doesn’t really think it’s “idiocy”. holyvacanthollyhell got butt hurt by me on a Deftones thread and he’s just looking for more of my attention. Just wait a second, he’ll say more stupid shit as soon as he reads this. 

I think he might be going through something personal or something. He used to be the one calling me out for being a dick but has far surpassed me.

Hope you're ok HVHH

Just now, MyEnemy said:

This may be a stupid question, most of mine are, but if I were to purchase a 1 month sub for Ladies and Gentlemen..., would I be able to buy Fishscale too, without having to subscribe to the hip hop sub?

I am no VMP authority but I believe you have to pick one or the other as the "track" for the month.  If you keep your membership you should be able to eventually buy the other one when it becomes available after its ROTM status.  Someone correct me.

1 minute ago, Derek™ said:

I am no VMP authority but I believe you have to pick one or the other as the "track" for the month.  If you keep your membership you should be able to eventually buy the other one when it becomes available after its ROTM status.  Someone correct me.

Ahhhh, okay, yes, now I remember reading that on here. Thank you.

Welp, I guess I'll have to figure it out, fast, whenever they go up.

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Ahhhh, okay, yes, now I remember reading that on here. Thank you.

Welp, I guess I'll have to figure it out, fast, whenever they go up.

Seems incredibly dumb to me so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm totally wrong – you, as a paying customer, want to give them more money for an additional product.  Why should you have to be timed out or wait weeks to make that happen?  The truth is that I can't recall ever wanting 2 ROTMs for the same month, but I have seen plenty of people make comments that'd imply they have to decide or only pick one.  (Maybe they were misinformed, themselves?)  Either way, just 1 more questionable business practice on VMP's part, if it truly works the way I'm claiming it does.

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Seems incredibly dumb to me so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm totally wrong – you, as a paying customer, want to give them more money for an additional product.  Why should you have to be timed out or wait weeks to make that happen?  The truth is that I can't recall ever wanting 2 ROTMs for the same month, but I have seen plenty of people make comments that'd imply they have to decide or only pick one.  (Maybe they were misinformed, themselves?)  Either way, just 1 more questionable business practice on VMP's part, if it truly works the way I'm claiming it does.

Exactly. All the shit I would hear and just the whole subscription model turned me off for years. I didn't want to deal with any of the bullshit. I'm just tired of missing out on certain releases and variants, that, now, I am willing to deal with that bullshit. Ya know, "all part of the game" 😑

Just now, MyEnemy said:

Exactly. All the shit I would hear and just the whole subscription model turned me off for years. I didn't want to deal with any of the bullshit. I'm just tired of missing out on certain releases and variants, that, now, I am willing to deal with that bullshit. Ya know, "all part of the game" 😑

Unfortunately relatable.  Especially with VMP.

But at least, if YouTwo is right, I'm full of shit and there's no real restrictions that prevent you from ordering both ROTMs.  At least there's that.

You can add additional tracks (and get rid of them month to month) as you please. However, if they sell out a title on a track that you are not currently subscribed to then you won’t be able to add it. This does happen from time to time. This was a month that I’m pretty interested in so I added the two other tracks and, more than likely, will cancel them after this next month. 

just got an e-mail letting me know that if I choose to renew in October when my membership expires I will get to renew at a lower price for being a "loyal member". Prices I'm offered are:

3 Month: 89.25

6 Month: 164.25

12 Month: 299.25

Fine print since this is a one time thing, after this all my renewals will be full price, so I guess depending on what they announce for October-December will determine what I do.

Edited by Reshiram

15 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

hate that I’m a sucker but I had to put down the $43 for spiritualized cuz I think it’ll be even higher than that on the resale market 

oh well fuck it - glad they cleared the Elvis sample

Same.  We can both be not proud of ourselves together.  Nervous to see what they may have up their sleeves down the road – I’m really hoping this $43 cave-in isn’t a regular thing.