The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

17 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Same.  We can both be not proud of ourselves together.  Nervous to see what they may have up their sleeves down the road – I’m really hoping this $43 cave-in isn’t a regular thing.

They really should announce 3 months worth of records all at once if they’re asking for $120

9 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

They really should announce 3 months worth of records all at once if they’re asking for $120

After using the 1-time “loyalty” renewal I’m hearing of, is that the price for 3 months?  $120?  Instead of $129 if doing it 1 month at a time?  If so... wow.  I’d see zero incentive to lock in at that price.  The only way they could get any real 3-month subs is if they played their hand and wowed us all with a lineup of must-have shit through the remainder of the year.  And for me that’s just not likely.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they tweaked their pricing structures to punish “1 monthers” even further, eventually.  Or just offer an annual service charge and nothing else.  Seems ludicrous but at this point I think they’re just off the rails.

31 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Records should NOT be $200.

I paid like $9.98 for my OG of It’s a Wonderful Life when it was new, and available for several years.

This is dumb. 🤪

Houses should NOT be $200,000

I paid like $20,000 for my house in 1974, when it was new and available for several years.

This is dumb. 👴🏻

1 hour ago, Plarocks said:

Records should NOT be $200.

I paid like $9.98 for my OG of It’s a Wonderful Life when it was new, and available for several years.

This is dumb. 🤪

IT’S OFFICIAL FOLKS!!

Henceforth, Supply and Demand will be considered DuMb. All re-sale of vinyl must be sold at original retail price, with ZERO exceptions. 

Edited by Velocity of Sound

1 hour ago, Velocity of Sound said:

IT’S OFFICIAL FOLKS!!

Henceforth, Supply and Demand will be considered DuMb. All re-sale of vinyl must be sold at original retail price, with ZERO exceptions. 

I fully support this concept. Should we march on the VMP office today?

2 hours ago, Shelby American said:

Houses should NOT be $200,000

I paid like $20,000 for my house in 1974, when it was new and available for several years.

This is dumb. 👴🏻

Here here!

Prices of houses are DUMB.

One month the banks say my house is worth $250,000, then some stupid recession comes along and they say my house is worth $80,000.

And then the banks whine and cry that they have “no money,” yet they own EVERYTHING..

Dumb. 😆

1 minute ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Pretty much any sparsely populated area (rural areas, the South in general, etc)

Yeah, I thought I would lower the price because more people would relate but I guess we got a big shot over here lol. The minimum price here in South Florida is around $400-500k for a condo...

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

Pretty much any sparsely populated area (rural areas, the South in general, etc)

I've lived on both coasts and there's not many singles family homes for $200k, even in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a fixer-upper or two. The Midwest and South, maybe.

Just did a quick search and looks like most states are well above that for median value as of this summer:

Median-Home-Value-by-State.png?w=1315&ss

16 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

I've lived on both coasts and there's not many singles family homes for $200k, even in the middle of nowhere. Maybe a fixer-upper or two. The Midwest and South, maybe.

Just did a quick search and looks like most states are well above that for median value as of this summer:

Median-Home-Value-by-State.png?w=1315&ss

Grew up in GA. Live in CT. If I could walk away with my CT mortgage and convert that into a house where I grew up, it'd at least double in size. Pretty wild.