The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

3 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Holy shit. Ladies and Gentleman sounds amazing. Sleeve is sleek as fuck too. Foil detail on the cover. Tip on. Vinyl is heavy and gorgeous. 

For the price I really hope it'd be.  There's zero excuse for them to skimp on quality when their biggest claim to the price spike was to up the quality of releases.  But that's great to hear – it'll be nice to own a copy of that album that actually sounds great, through and through.

1 minute ago, YouTwo said:

Can't wait until mine is finally past "Shipping Label Created". 

Same here.  It's been a long 3 days.  I find it a lot easier to just be nonchalant about shipping these days, though that's easier said than done.  I just assume everything will take 3 weeks whether it's stateside or abroad, and relish in the instances where it ends up being faster.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, zuck said:

Was ready to sign back up for OutKast & Redman until I saw that they started charging $47 a record. I think I'm good with a standard press.

I got the Lenticular cover standard release of Muddy Waters from Udiscover for like $15-16 a year or two ago and i've seen it back in stock there off and on since (It's sold out again currently) so i'd take a look there for it occasionally to try and grab a copy for well under half the cost and it sounds great while also looking nice.

VMP is becoming a company I want to give less and less business too even beyond the stupid prices anyways. Glad to see more people lately discovering Muddy Waters because of it at least though. 

8 minutes ago, hype said:

I got the Lenticular cover standard release of Muddy Waters from Udiscover for like $15-16 a year or two ago and i've seen it back in stock there off and on since (It's sold out again currently) so i'd take a look there for it occasionally to try and grab a copy for well under half the cost and it sounds great while also looking nice.

VMP is becoming a company I want to give less and less business too even beyond the stupid prices anyways. Glad to see more people lately discovering Muddy Waters because of it at least though. 

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it there. I also remembered that I have the MOV press of Stankonia, so I'm probably better off with that anyway.

Goddamn Stankonia and Sir Lucious Left Foot in Dec. After seeing how well the Ladies and Gentlemen... pressing came out, it's hard to want to cancel the month to month. Especially since Stankonia is getting that sweet gatefold treatment and the "print" is nice and definitely frame-worthy.  

Fuck you VMP. 

Edited by MyEnemy

2 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Goddamn Stankonia and Sir Lucious Left Foot in Dec. After seeing how well the Ladies and Gentlemen... pressing came out, it's hard to want to cancel the month to month. Especially since Stankonia is getting that sweet gatefold treatment and the "print" is nice and definitely frame-worthy.  

Fuck you VMP. 

Yeah....I feel dumb saying this, but I'll stay subscribed.  I'm quite pleased with the quality of their releases.

Well fortunately I get to re-up at the old price being a legacy member but these are definitely the last 6 months I'll give them, since they're pressing Def Jam albums (Muddy Waters) we better get Channel Orange or some unpressed Kanye. Hell I'll take a really good pressing of College Dropout or Late Registration, since neither of those albums have been given a good vinyl pressing.  Some Jay Z would be nice too.

Edited by Reshiram

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't say it was shocking, said it was insane :D 

$40 retail for a 2xlp gatefold is also beyond the line of acceptable, in my world.

The slow inevitable crawl from $25 2xLPs to $50 2xLPs is what will eventually pop the vinyl bubble and kill the hobby. Who has $50 to toss at a new record every time something you like drops, it's like the height of the CD madness in the 90s.