The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

On 9/7/2020 at 2:13 PM, Shelby American said:

Yeah, I thought I would lower the price because more people would relate but I guess we got a big shot over here lol. The minimum price here in South Florida is around $400-500k for a condo...

Hahaha im just sitting here in a small town east of OKC in my home I bought for $95k 🤣✌️ But, also, I live in Oklahoma sooooooooooo....

2 hours ago, Dl0909 said:

For users of VMP, would you say they price their subscription boxes reasonably? If not, what is a reasonable price you'd pay?

I'll give VMP credit that most of there variants and especially remasters are very well done and usually sound as good or better then other variants released. I was more then happy to drop $30ish over the years for the ones I really wanted but there's zero chance i'll come back at there current prices. Not worth it at all. I was buying releases off and on from them since the very beginning but it's come to an abrupt stop this year. 

Unless they lower the prices to a remotely decent price again or offer me a big discount like they have a few times in the past i'm done with them.

At the end of the day though, it's all individual preference especially when they release the more rare records that some have wanted for years. I just draw a line once it starts hitting $40+ and the fact it's 2020 and I can still get a high quality digital version which is good enough for me for the few albums that are ridiculously priced that I wanted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Reshiram said:

Killer Mike, The Strokes and Cudi for me and hopefully that'll be my VMP swan song, too expensive for my taste and I only resumed cause they extended their old membership price to existing users.

Wait, really?? Mine’s still showing up as $119 for 3 months.

Definitely excited for Killer Mike, John Prine, and Strokes. Quasimoto is rad, and I’ve never owned that classic, but the price is not right. Never fucked with the Cudi record, but why the hell not.

16 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Never fucked with the Cudi record, but why the hell not.

That Kid Cudi record is really good, definitely still holds up. If I didn't already have a copy I'd consider rejoining for that one.

Anybody have any leads for the John Prine self titled that came out earlier this year? I slept on it and now seeing sold out everywhere. Not really interested in paying double the price for a VMP color copy (unless a noble VCer could help me out if they still have a discounted membership and aren't interested in that one).

• 1 year later...

Great news!

"MEMORANDUM

DATE: April 25, 2022

TO: Our Valued Members and Community

SUBJECT: VMP Announces New Audiophile-Grade Vinyl Pressing Plant

As VMP approaches a decade of creating transcendent, tangible experiences with music, we are thrilled to announce that we will be opening a new audiophile-grade pressing plant in Denver. The new plant is scheduled to open by the end of 2022 for production, tours and special events.

“Quality, control & availability are critical to maintaining and expanding our leadership position in the vinyl industry. With this in mind, we’ve decided to press records in a way that provides an incredible experience for our customers and visitors to our plant.” – VMP CEO, Cameron Schaefer

We are a passionate and growing community of explorers and storytellers who navigate between sounds that are lost and found to create unmatched experiences with music. This mission is VMP’s guiding light in our journey to build this pressing plant. We can’t wait to share the fruits of our labor with you in our continued adventures exploring music together.

Cameron Schaefer, CEO

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jhulud said:

Is joining VMP still worth it? If so, which tier is the best to go with? 

I’m considering it again for the Kacey Musgraves reissue and also snag the Pearl Jam Yield for a cheaper amount. 

I was debating the one year sub as you get 8 free records (so 20 records total).  The price comes out to ~$22 each before tax which made it seem bearable as there were enough titles to pick from.   Couldn’t get the site to work while trying to confirm selection and gave up.

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

Is joining VMP still worth it? If so, which tier is the best to go with? 

I’m considering it again for the Kacey Musgraves reissue and also snag the Pearl Jam Yield for a cheaper amount. 

The website says it's sold out, but i'm not sure if that's just for one-offs? you can still click thru and subscribe as if it's available...

The 20 record subscription is tempting me right now. But $460 up-front is a scary price tag!