The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

15 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

My biggie sounded terrible/warped, so I requested a new one. Hasn't shipped out yet and they announce the new ROTM tomorrow. If I cancel before the new copy ships out, will I be okay? I think I will be, just wanted to double check. 

You may want to email info@ just to be safe, but you should be good. They hopefully view that as an issue with the Sept ROTM and not anything to do with Oct. 

Aromanticism, the long-awaited debut LP from Moses Sumney, is about freedom, giving permission, and finding pleasure as simply as you’d like, if you’d like it at all. Sumney is an irresistible talent, one who tears at the powers and privileges of this world by existing, claiming space, and owning all he is without a damn to spare.

Edited by trickster

Now is the time when you pick your favorite VC member and click on their VMP referral link in their signature OR wonder who Moses Sumney is and why he is the AOTM instead of a much-wanted reissue of a 90s album. Pick all possible options wisely.

Edit: Moses is cool. I saw him open up for Dr. Dog like 3 years ago and he's played a bunch of cool shows around Los Angeles since. I know a ton of people were waiting for him to finally release this debut.

Edited by richardsurf

3 hours ago, Moglog said:

Looks like next month is St. Vincent. Glad I didn't preorder yet.

They have to make it pretty enticing to keep people from swapping. I'd imagine there's a fairly large overlap in people who will want to have that SV album when it comes out, or who have already pre-ordered it.

7 minutes ago, aju2streets said:

They have to make it pretty enticing to keep people from swapping. I'd imagine there's a fairly large overlap in people who will want to have that SV album when it comes out, or who have already pre-ordered it.

From the Guess Thread on the VMP board:

Our package will have alternate artwork, color variant, and, in my opinion, the best random, special add-on we’ve ever done (think sorta like Super Ape, but something cooler).

It's 100% St. Vincent in Nov btw.

3 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

Living Legend's Classic and Madlib's 420 Chalice All Stars are the next Hip-Hop/Rap subs after Common.

Damn, that Living Legend's is a huge surprise but im all over that for sure. I hope they make enough so I can skip this mediocre Common album and still make it in for the next two.

1 hour ago, hype said:

Damn, that Living Legend's is a huge surprise but im all over that for sure. I hope they make enough so I can skip this mediocre Common album and still make it in for the next two.

exactly my thoughts/ strategy. I already got an OG of classic, but i'd grab another. Really wish they would do 'Almost Famous" always thought that was the best group album, but all the Legends and side projects should get a re-do. Gold vinyl, Success is Destiny, or splatter of "fuck the Dumb" would be great.

Edited by B-dosia

1 hour ago, B-dosia said:

exactly my thoughts/ strategy. I already got an OG of classic, but i'd grab another. Really wish they would do 'Almost Famous" always thought that was the best group album, but all the Legends and side projects should get a re-do. Gold vinyl, Success is Destiny, or splatter of "fuck the Dumb" would be great.

Yeah, I had OG's of a lot of the originals but they all got stolen awhile back sadly so I am with you on reissues of anything solo or group as I have been slowly rebuilding it but there is a lot of great stuff that needs reissues. I got an invite to Eligh's record release so that should be coming before too long as well. 

When I unsubscribed from the hip hop add-on they told me I was put at the end of the line when I sign back up and I read on the boards they are going to have A LOT of spots for common and I am guessing the Living Legends wont get the same quantity so I don't know if any new signups are even going to be able to make the list. Anyone also know if they are going to make the add-on subscriptions separate from the ROTM after this month? I have zero interest in the st vincent record so im hoping they start.