Deoxitizer

The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

I was really skeptical of this company when it first hit the internet. After seeing what they were about and ordering some records and realizing they put out a quality product, my mind was changed. They ship their records with the works and make a 29 dollar monthly fee worth it. That’s not easy to do. 

Nothing but good experiences with them and while I don’t love everything they put out the good stuff more than makes up for it. I hope they stay in business and keep releasing really good records. I just ordered that De La ROTM because it’s beautiful and got TVOTR a couple weeks ago. Also that Main Source was perfect and just in time. 

Hopefully they keep it up. 

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

So for those of us within the US with a Crate subscription... does that mean there’s a monthly fee of $6.00, which just enables you to order exclusives for the listed price and $4.95 for shipping?  That’s what I’m interpreting.

Boourns....i still have a crate sub too...but I haven't ordered anything since that last Beach House exclusive

9 minutes ago, ThunderPantz said:

Check your copies of Handsome Boy Modeling School when you get them. Mine was warped. Didn't seem to affect play but it took the needle for a wild ride.

Honestly this is my biggest gripe with VMP, a lot of the records I receive are heavily warped.

58 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

Why do you guys keep subscribing if they are all warped? Not trying to be a dick, just asking.

I'm assuming you guys don't own a vinyl flat?

Warped records aren’t a deal breaker for me. It doesn’t seem to affect their sound so I don’t care. If I did I know I could email them and they’d send a replacement instantly. It’s just a quality control thing for me, if I see it often I can only assume that others are as well. A record subscription service should do better. 

36 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

Really? What do they have on there? 

88708884-a51e-45b3-a320-7663c40e2340-jpe

It seems like they are very open to selling large quantities of probably albums that aren't selling well. I've seen other sites selling them as well as some sellers on amazon and ebay who have quite a few copies of there albums. It's why I don't touch any of there exclusives unless it's something I really want or think it will sell out since there's a pretty great chance you will probably be able to grab it at least half off down the road.

On March 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM, Derek™ said:

So for those of us within the US with a Crate subscription... does that mean there’s a monthly fee of $6.00, which just enables you to order exclusives for the listed price and $4.95 for shipping?  That’s what I’m interpreting.

Looks like I still get free shipping with the Crate subscription (it notates I'm saving $4.95 for being a member at checkout).

On 3/12/2019 at 10:51 PM, kisol said:

https://www.bullmoose.com/c/11729/collectable-vinyl

Looks like the Miles Davis, Feist, Mavis Staples, and TV on the Radio records of the month. 

Just got an email from Bullmoose:

This is an update regarding your purchase of: FEIST/LET IT [email protected] SEAFOAM GREEN VINYL . Unfortunately this release was cancelled. We won't be able to get it for you. We charge credit cards right before we ship, so we didn't charge you for this. Sorry for the disappointment.