The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

3 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

It will die down in a day or two.  

I had to drop one after turning down VMP's offer of a $25 store credit to renew my subscription a couple of days ago... only to see this news on the front page of Pitchfork. 

2 minutes ago, zacooper said:

So i was just on the site and I swear they took down the one-month sign up option. Anyone else no longer seeing it? Was just about to try it our for a month.

It's definitely still there.  But they've raised the pricing a bit... which is why they were running the promo I mentioned in my post above. 

Edited by downisthenewup87

1 minute ago, zacooper said:

So i was just on the site and I swear they took down the one-month sign up option. Anyone else no longer seeing it? Was just about to try it our for a month.

Yeah,  I see annual, 6 month (which wasn't there before) and 3 month.  Maybe this is the start of capping subscriptions.  

Just now, zacooper said:

I'm not seeing a one month option at all. I see a year, 6-month and 3-month. Anyone have a direct one month link?

That's really odd as I just renewed my subscription about an hour ago.   Chose the 3 month since it now has unlimited swaps, but the one month was there.   Maybe they are getting flooded with 1 month sign-ups...

1 minute ago, downisthenewup87 said:

That's really odd as I just renewed my subscription about an hour ago.   Chose the 3 month since it now has unlimited swaps, but the one month was there.   Maybe they are getting flooded with 1 month sign-ups...

I found it. Just keep scrolling all the way to the bottom of the sign-up page and it is hidden there. Wouldn't be surprised if they remove it completely though. They definitely moved it from the main part of the page to the bottom and swapped it with a 6-month option (whereas previously the 3-month option was in the middle as "most popular").

It's either a glitch or VMP really did pull the 1-month option.

I mean, they already know their pressing run number. (Even though they won't announce it publicly.) If the powers-that-be see that they're, say, 80%  sold out within half a day of the announcement, you can bet they're gonna eliminate the cheapest option for this month.

If the 3-month option disappears too, you know this thing is a sellout and they're probably gonna cap subscriptions for the first time ever.

50 minutes ago, hype said:

On the topic of other releases, has anyone here bought the Pete Rock album? How does it sound? That is the one album I am contemplating on getting and is nearing a sellout.

Highly recommend grabbing it before it's gone. Sounds incredible and looks beautiful too. My only minor gripe was that it isn't a gatefold but I'm already over that because of the sound and look. And the bonus 7" is nice too.

2 minutes ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Highly recommend grabbing it before it's gone. Sounds incredible and looks beautiful too. My only minor gripe was that it isn't a gatefold but I'm already over that because of the sound and look. And the bonus 7" is nice too.

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I have had the original on my want list for years and it is def. a classic so I will go ahead and grab it then.

2lp should be a mandatory gatefold for all albums but like you said as long as the sound is good I can get over it.

3 minutes ago, hype said:

Awesome, thanks for the reply! I have had the original on my want list for years and it is def. a classic so I will go ahead and grab it then.

2lp should be a mandatory gatefold for all albums but like you said as long as the sound is good I can get over it.

No worries! It's not so bad because it's at least a thicker-than-usual spine. Not like they've tried to get away with cramming 2 LPs, a 7" and liner notes into a standard jacket, thankfully.

12 minutes ago, Canuckle said:

Good for them.

Also, good for them on capping it. Hopefully it gets more people in the door for longer -> Better quality ROTM down the road

I mean they did do The Fugees followed by Weezer, so they definitely can pull some big names. Either way, I may reup if next months is as good especially if I get some referrals => (  http://fbuy.me/fgmv6  )  :lol:

28 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Your name rules.

I appreciate that greatly.

13 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I mean they did do The Fugees followed by Weezer, so they definitely can pull some big names. Either way, I may reup if next months is as good especially if I get some referrals => (  http://fbuy.me/fgmv6  )  :lol:

It's shaping up to be an album, by a female artist/band with a female, from the 90s, if that's what gets your fancy.

Edited by The Taint Tickler