The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

7 minutes ago, natenomm said:

Do you have No Doubt about that?

Nice. To be fair, it's the 20th of March. It's going to be open to all sorts of guesses for a while. Popular shouts so far include Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Bjork and Missy Elliott. Mostly stemming from the album/artist being 'not guitar-y'.

1 minute ago, natenomm said:

Holy hell, I thought you were joking. It appears to only be 3, 6, or 12 month options now. 

Yeah, I'm super bummed about this. Really don't want to do a three month for probably only one record. Their releases haven't really interested me up until this point. I had a crate membership in the Summer, but never an "official" member... 

28 minutes ago, The Taint Tickler said:

I appreciate that greatly.

It's shaping up to be an album, by a female artist/band with a female, from the 90s, if that's what gets your fancy.

That's fine with me. I love da ladies, but also No Doubt, Garbage, and the Spice Girls are my jam.

17 minutes ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Nice. To be fair, it's the 20th of March. It's going to be open to all sorts of guesses for a while. Popular shouts so far include Erykah Badu, Lauryn Hill, Bjork and Missy Elliott. Mostly stemming from the album/artist being 'not guitar-y'.

Would take all of these especially this https://www.discogs.com/Erykah-Badu-Live/release/113212 

26 minutes ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Based on the clues, and other speculation I've read, I'm thinking it's

Spoiler

Fiona Apple - Tidal

1 minute ago, erikness said:

Based on the clues, and other speculation I've read, I'm thinking it's

Hide contents

Fiona Apple - Tidal

Storf out-and-out said last month that they've tried for Fiona but it's just never happened. While this could be misdirection, nobody ever flat out denied Demon Days like that in the April guess thread.

27 minutes ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Missy Elliot is getting some re-presses so that could def. be possible. Any of her older stuff with that prime Timbaland production would be awesome but in all honesty if it was any of Erykah, Missy or Lauryn Hill I would be much more excited about it then this Gorillas release. Really hoping it is not Bjork though.

1 hour ago, richardsurf said:

I've just confirmed 13 successful referrals with my code after I explicitly stated NOT to PM me or ask for my link. Please. I beg of you.

Let the record show you don't need to PM me or ask me for my link.

It's right there in the signature. It's free money. Have at it!!!

Guess they accounted for a 15% growth through new subscriptions and about 2-3 weeks to reach it. At this point, they think they'll hit their limit by Friday. That's crazy.

But I would encourage people not to join for just one record since that's kind of defeating the point of the whole service...discovery and community. Just saying give them a chance,do some exploration, and let them surprise you.

18 minutes ago, neo_styles said:

But I would encourage people not to join for just one record since that's kind of defeating the point of the whole service...discovery and community. Just saying give them a chance,do some exploration, and let them surprise you.

this is VNYL level type promotion.

I mean, I guess its fine if you have no idea what you like/dislike. in 2017, there are so many avenues to discover new music, you don't need to just throw $25 out into the ether and hope for the best. 

Edited by timsimmons

19 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

this is VNYL level type promotion.

I mean, I guess its fine if you have no idea what you like/dislike. in 2017, there are so many avenues to discover new music, you don't need to just throw $25 out into the ether and hope for the best. 

That's why you look at what's made its way out in the past and decide based on trend analysis

4 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

Yeah I would never do more than one month. I have my OWN taste in music, I dont need someone else to oick my records for me... but I appreciate VMP for Person Pitch and Demon Days.

Same. This is the first time I've ever signed up and only for a month. I have way too many records I'd rather buy for $25 than risk it on something. 

1 minute ago, neo_styles said:

If a service like VMP is your ONLY source of new material, then I absolutely agree that it's throwing complete caution into the wind. But I augment my curation with this service and it works tremendously well for that.

"augment my curation"

are you Nick Alt?

1 minute ago, museummouth said:

Same. This is the first time I've ever signed up and only for a month. I have way too many records I'd rather buy for $25 than risk it on something. 

"augment my curation"

are you Nick Alt?

I don't know how to answer that, but I'm me. People in the real world call me Mark. Does that help?

55 minutes ago, neo_styles said:

plz stay on the VMP forums

we actually know what we like here at VC, idk about you, but the last thing on my mind is blowing money on records blindly to establish my "taste"

I'm kind of shocked about the crazy response to a Gorillaz release to be honest. Not judging just taken aback. Especially if the demand is so big they're having to limit subscribers. I figured if ever there was going to be a release to do that it'd have been Pinkerton.