The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

Counterpoint to the guy bitching: Until DD, you basically paid $4-6 a month (vs. $25-29 a month) and you had the option of buying every single AOTM up to this point... albeit a month late, but with the added bonus that you could pass on any album you didn't care about.

DD was the first time your plan backfired on you, but let's not pretend you weren't getting the better end of the deal for the last couple years.

Edited by filthyrich
correction

1 hour ago, erikness said:

UPDATE: Demon Days sounds fucking great. Took a vid, but the fidelity doesn't really come thru. I have never heard the original pressing, but this one sounds awesome. Packaging is nice too!

Mine arrived today as well. Haven't opened it yet. Hopefully get a chance this weekend to spin it.

Edited by ajhall04
Spelling

I'm interested in hearing an A/B comparison between the original and the VMP.

I have the original, and the only fault I can find is that it's a tad bit bass heavy. However sonically it sounds great, clear, and crisp.

LOL at the eBay prices $150+. Someone on Discogs is selling one for $100. That's the lowest I've seen.

People are fools to pay these prices. It was just released and has been confirmed to have been pressed over 25,000 times. This is far from limited. Just be patient if you must.

This reminds me of the clear Blackstar everyone was paying $500 for 2 days after it was released.

Edited by vinyl addict

Just now, vinyl addict said:

This reminds me of the clear Blackstar everyone was paying $500 for 2 days after it was released.

I know... Idiots! If they had just waited 15 months they could've bought it for a bargain $316.87!!!

https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie--Blackstar/release/7944083

13 minutes ago, agaetisbyrjun said:

Someone was saying that apparently the tracks don't fade into each other?

Can anyone confirm?

I heard that too, which is kinda weird and--if true--the only valid complaint about the release so far. You'd think they wouldn't fuck that up, though.

2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

LOL at the eBay prices $150+. Someone on Discogs is selling one for $100. That's the lowest I've seen.

People are fools to pay these prices. It was just released and has been confirmed to have been pressed over 25,000 times. This is far from limited. Just be patient if you must.

you sound like every pissed off kid on discogs, calm down. people can do what ever the fuck they want with their copies man

3 hours ago, ethereal said:

you sound like every pissed off kid on discogs, calm down. people can do what ever the fuck they want with their copies man

I am calm, I'm just laughing at those paying all that money. 

I have an original, and don't need the new one, so the prices don't affect me.

Like I said, there were 25,000!!!!+ pressed, so it's not like it's a rare press. People just need to be patient and not want one. Unless, I'm misunderstanding what I read. Thought I read somewhere between 25k and 40k were pressed. If that's the case, they will be available for years to come. That seems like a very high number to me.

As far as the Bowie Blackstar clear goes, those $300+ prices are still ridiculous. It's the exact same press as the original run of the black. I have both and I can confirm that much. Only difference is the color.

Edited by vinyl addict

7 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I have the original, and the only fault I can find is that it's a tad bit bass heavy. However sonically it sounds great, clear, and crisp.

God bless those fools, $$$$

3 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

I am calm, I'm just laughing at those paying all that money. 

I have an original, and don't need the new one, so the prices don't affect me.

Like I said, there were 25,000!!!!+ pressed, so it's not like it's a rare press. People just need to be patient and not want one. Unless, I'm misunderstanding what I read. Thought I read somewhere between 25k and 40k were pressed. If that's the case, they will be available for years to come. That seems like a very high number to me.

well apparently only around 450 people show as "owning" this on discogs so I'm gonna say that pressing quantity is very far fetched 

4 minutes ago, ethereal said:

well apparently only around 450 people show as "owning" this on discogs so I'm gonna say that pressing quantity is very far fetched 

Probably no one on the West Coast got theirs yet.  I'm in PA and I didnt get mine yet. And not everyone uses Discogs.  I'd day those pressing numbers are about right.

9 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Someone on reddit was happily trading a color variant of Sun Kil Moons Benji for it and I was cringing so hard

On Sat Apr 08 2017 at 10:58 AM, filthyrich said:

Counterpoint to the guy bitching: Until DD, you basically paid $4-6 a month (vs. $25-29 a month) and you had the option of buying every single AOTM up to this point... albeit a month late, but with the added bonus that you could pass on any album you didn't care about.

DD was the first time your plan backfired on you, but let's not pretend you weren't getting the better end of the deal for the last couple years.

I am a crate subscriber, and I bought this month to ensure I got DD. I had no desire to compete with others for the chance to buy later. Given the release importance and demand, it was a no-brainer.

If anything, I might request a reimbursement or store credit for my crate fee since I bought this month... but Im keeping my crate membership