Postrock/metal, Shoegaze, Instrumental, Drone, Experimental, and other COOL genres!

4 hours ago, drds89 said:

Mine already arrived! How was the show?

They were fantastic all around, probably the best I've seen them.  It seemed like a lot of the material was heavier when they were playing it live.  No tapes, but they had a good selection of LPs with them.

On a similar note, Faith played a live show as Mara a few months back.  I found out about it too late to go unfortunately.  I'm hoping that wasn't a one off thing!

2 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

They were fantastic all around, probably the best I've seen them.  It seemed like a lot of the material was heavier when they were playing it live.  No tapes, but they had a good selection of LPs with them.

On a similar note, Faith played a live show as Mara a few months back.  I found out about it too late to go unfortunately.  I'm hoping that wasn't a one off thing!

I am insanely jealous

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to picking up Joe Clark's first cassette the other day from Glowing Windows Recordings. Think some of you might like it, instrumental drone:

https://glowingwindowrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/throw-me-in-the-susquehanna

Edition of 50 and I think Thom is close to selling out.

6 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

I finally got around to picking up Joe Clark's first cassette the other day from Glowing Windows Recordings. Think some of you might like it, instrumental drone:

https://glowingwindowrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/throw-me-in-the-susquehanna

Edition of 50 and I think Thom is close to selling out.

Thanks for the reminder there!  I kept meaning to order it and it slipped my mind.  Going to grab it later tonight.

A couple new Dinzu Artefacts tapes are up.  I liked the first batch they did quite a bit.

https://www.dinzuartefacts.com/#/dnz-batch-2/

Edited by jonrawks

11 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Thanks for the reminder there!  I kept meaning to order it and it slipped my mind.  Going to grab it later tonight.

It's a good time to be hitting up Glowing Windows as they've just dropped a new cassette re-issue of Have A Nice Life's long OOP compilation "Voids". Edition of 100 on gold cassettes. Previously released by Thom's other label Music Ruins Lives. These will go fast.

http://planningforburial.bigcartel.com/product/have-a-nice-life-voids-cs-gwr05

4 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

It's a good time to be hitting up Glowing Windows as they've just dropped a new cassette re-issue of Have A Nice Life's long OOP compilation "Voids". Edition of 100 on gold cassettes. Previously released by Thom's other label Music Ruins Lives. These will go fast.

http://planningforburial.bigcartel.com/product/have-a-nice-life-voids-cs-gwr05

Ha, good and bad timing.  It was sold out when I tried to buy Voids :(  Looks like I'll keep an eye out for it on Discogs.  Very stoked Voids is getting a reissue, couldn't imagine I could afford a first pressing.

54 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Ha, good and bad timing.  It was sold out when I tried to buy Voids :(  Looks like I'll keep an eye out for it on Discogs.  Very stoked Voids is getting a reissue, couldn't imagine I could afford a first pressing.

Still showing in stock for me. Weird. The way its written up it seems like this initial 100 may be one of many reprints. I mean why say 1st press if you only intend on 1 press? 

Either way hope you find one bud.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

I got one a few hours ago, and checked again, like SOTS said, they are still in stock but that little indicator bar looks like maybe 25 left?

Still showing in stock for me. Weird. The way its written up it seems like this initial 100 may be one of many reprints. I mean why say 1st press if you only intend on 1 press? 

Either way hope you find one bud.

Oh, I meant the Joe Clark CS, should've been a little clearer, but I had just woken up!  :)  I was able to get the gold Voids CS.  Crazy that they blew threw 100 so fast.  Good for Thom and Dan!

Yeah $700 in a couple of hours is pretty good going for all involved. Releasing HANL stuff is just like printing money. I've suggested to Jonathan (The Flenser) that HANL stuff pretty much sells itself and that people would go crazy for a Vinyl version of Time Of Land as the few cassettes in circulation go for big bucks. I hope one day he makes this suggestion a reality and a Quietly vinyl release  would also be welcome.

3 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

Yeah $700 in a couple of hours is pretty good going for all involved. Releasing HANL stuff is just like printing money. I've suggested to Jonathan (The Flenser) that HANL stuff pretty much sells itself and that people would go crazy for a Vinyl version of Time Of Land as the few cassettes in circulation go for big bucks. I hope one day he makes this suggestion a reality and a Quietly vinyl release  would also be welcome.

Have been publicly calling for this for a while.

Time Of Land is still my favorite HANL release.

Quietly may one day see the light of day on wax.

23 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Have been publicly calling for this for a while.

Time Of Land is still my favorite HANL release.

Quietly may one day see the light of day on wax.

I know there were tentative plans for Quietly on wax but it'll probably be a while with Below The House in March. Time Of Land is seriously great, I'd like to see Hinterkaifeck on wax one day too.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

I know there were tentative plans for Quietly on wax but it'll probably be a while with Below The House in March. Time Of Land is seriously great, I'd like to see Hinterkaifeck on wax one day too.

I'd love to see Quietly get pressed (CD tracklist).  I also would love a PfB compilation 2xLP or something.  I have the bulk of his tapes, but it would be hard to beat the convenience of having all those songs in one place.

53 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I'd love to see Quietly get pressed (CD tracklist).  I also would love a PfB compilation 2xLP or something.  I have the bulk of his tapes, but it would be hard to beat the convenience of having all those songs in one place.

Definitely would buy that but then again if its got planning for burial written on it i buy it no matter what

Got a CS from these two quite a while ago and finally got around to listening to it (120 min CS took a while to make time for!).  Some drone, ambient, noise, shoegaze at times.  Kind of mellow.  Doesn't look like they do CS themselves, but they've done CS releases through other labels.

https://losttrail.bandcamp.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Not technically a tape you can physically own but available only for the next 24 hours with all bandcamp's profits going to ACLU and all Thom's end going to Planned Parenthood & ACLU you can grab the one tape from Planning For Burial's destroyed tape series (a series of completely improvised and unique drone recordings) that he actually kept. $3 minimum donation but it's probably worth more than that.

https://planningforburial.bandcamp.com/album/destroyed-cassette-72

In physical cassette release news, not sure if there are any fans of Mother Room (releases on Apneic Void & Native Sound and appeared on splits alongside Planning For Burial & Teal ) but his new cassette EP Rebirth is  also up on bandcamp. I've got most of his other stuff and I guess his work would fall under this catch all thread better than anywhere else. Again available through bandcamp (which means some money goes to charity today). Edition of 25.

https://motherroom.bandcamp.com/album/rebirth