Game of Thrones Season 6! (No Spoilers)

1 hour ago, Breezus said:

Was that the best season finale of anything, ever? Holy crap. I can't even pick one highlight here because the whole thing was just so incredibly satisfying.

It's up there.  That award still goes to Six Feet Under for me.  Well... Unless we're just talking SEASON finale's, then yes.  This probably is.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

1 hour ago, dnl said:

So is Varys like a master of teleportation or something

I've seen many people joke about this but in case there's someone who finds this legitimately annoying, here's an excerpt from Storm of Swords (and the same goes for the show):

A Song of Ice and Fire is told through the eyes of characters who are sometimes hundreds or even thousands of miles apart from one another. Some chapters cover a day, some only an hour; others might span a fortnight, a month, half a year. With such a structure, the narrative cannot be strictly sequential, sometimes important things are happening simultaneously, a thousand leagues apart.

6 hours ago, dnl said:

So is Varys like a master of teleportation or something

He has nothing on Theon and company sailing halfway around the known world in a single cutscene. If you assume that not much time has passed since he and Sansa parted ways (a few weeks?), it should hopefully be some time before the fleet arrives in Westeros. However, without the books as a guide they seem to be focused on checking off major plot points and not worrying about the details. Arya can make detachable faces! Did Hot Pie help her bake the Frey Pie? etc...

Cersei's small council is going to be pretty small.

They didn't seem to say if John is now legitimate (R & L secretly married) or if he is still a bastard. Not sure if it would matter the way things are going.

Didn't get a full sense on how Sansa took the whole King in the North thing. 

The spoiler dude mentioned above was pretty spot on.

1 hour ago, deadreckoning said:

He has nothing on Theon and company sailing halfway around the known world in a single cutscene. If you assume that not much time has passed since he and Sansa parted ways (a few weeks?), it should hopefully be some time before the fleet arrives in Westeros. However, without the books as a guide they seem to be focused on checking off major plot points and not worrying about the details. Arya can make detachable faces! Did Hot Pie help her bake the Frey Pie? etc...

Cersei's small council is going to be pretty small.

They didn't seem to say if John is now legitimate (R & L secretly married) or if he is still a bastard. Not sure if it would matter the way things are going.

Didn't get a full sense on how Sansa took the whole King in the North thing. 

The spoiler dude mentioned above was pretty spot on.

It's a little interesting that she whispered the baby's name to Ned but we didn't get to hear it.  His real first name  almost certainly is not 'Jon'.  That name is significant to Ned, not Lyanna.  But if she gave a last name (Various choices here...Snow, Sand, Blackfyre, Targaryen), that could be telling.  maybe they will reveal it later or it might simply be irrelevant to the plot.  When shit hits the fan, I don't think anybody is going to care what his last name is.

I think Sansa's feelings on King Snow are meant to be ambiguous.  Although, given literally all of her comments leading up to the northerners declaring Jon king, I think the less than enthused look exchanged with Littlefinger was more out of concern about what he might do than beef with Jon.  Even with the losses, Jon probably has more support now than he had prior to the battle, but Littlefinger still has a lot of men in Winterfell.

While the the past two episodes were nothing short of engaging, I feel like I'm one of the few who am not all that thrilled with how easily everything seems to be falling into place. A lot of positive moves have been made this season, especially in these episodes, but the rapidity at which they are going makes them feel pretty underwhelming. 

34 minutes ago, chkadea said:

While the the past two episodes were nothing short of engaging, I feel like I'm one of the few who am not all that thrilled with how easily everything seems to be falling into place. A lot of positive moves have been made this season, especially in these episodes, but the rapidity at which they are going makes them feel pretty underwhelming. 

This has how I've been feeling for the last few episodes. There have been too many simple solutions and predictability. Not all plots, but quite a few (Meereen, Battle of the Bastards, King's Landing mainly.) I think most of this is due to the show writers having nowhere near the talent for storytelling as GRRM. The lack of source material is showing.

Edited by dnl

26 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Holy fuck.  GoT is easily my favorite TV show of all time.  The nerd in me is raging hard.

Dany and Jon are totally siblings.  

Rhaegar was Dany's older brother.  She's Jon's aunt and Sansa is his cousin.

J-town's prospects for a not-creepy marriage are nil.

Edited by Tardcore

On June 27, 2016 at 6:03 AM, FiggyPuddling said:

It's up there.  That award still goes to Six Feet Under for me.  Well... Unless we're just talking SEASON finale's, then yes.  This probably is.

I'm with you... The last 4 episodes of Six Feet Under were some of the hardest episodes to watch. The series finale was flawless. 

GoT finale for this season was impeccable. I loved it so much i watched it 3 times. lol