PO: We Are Scientists - Helter Seltzer

avoda8.jpg

Limited edition teal vinyl

Bundles on sale here: http://we-are-scientists.tmstor.es/

For years people dreamt of colored vinyl, vibrant vinyl in all the colors of the sun. Even the most courageous dreamers, however, did not dare fantasize of teal vinyl. Always it was considered the holy grail — perhaps unobtainable. Today, history shows that our ancestors were fools. Obtain "Helter Seltzer" in limited edition teal vinyl. Includes download code.

The CD is “Helter Seltzer” at its most portable. Sure, you could get mp3’s, which are invisible, but you have to carry them ON A DEVICE, like a large desktop computer. Hardly something you want to carry around with you in the car while you run errands! This CD, on the other hand, fits easily in a jacket pocket, and contains all ten songs off of the record. Also, there’s handsome artwork for you to tape onto your TV screen.

1. Buckle

2. In My Head

3. Too Late

4. Hold On

5. We Need A Word

6. Want For Nothing

7. Classic Love

8. Waiting For You

9. Headlights

10. Forgiveness

They seem to garner a lot more attention in the UK these days, but I've been a big fan of everything they've released so far. Consistently good to me, although Squalor and Brain Thrust are still my favorites.

Digging the new single "Buckle."

9 dollar shipping is killing me.

Yeah that made me think twice for a second but I still pulled the trigger.

Was huge into these guys back in high school but they kinda dropped off with TV en Francais for me. Maybe I'll give this one a listen, though.

They're really fucking great live (and hilarious) at least!

TV was definitely my least favorite of theirs but I still liked a bunch of tracks off of it. But agreed entirely - their live act is one of the best I've ever seen. Hilarious and their sound is spot-on.

• 1 month later...

Anyone who wants this album on the cheap, in the US... I have an extra copy on teal vinyl that has a crease on the top of the outer jacket. The record is perfect and the printed inner sleeve doesn't even have any seam splits. I've moved the record to an anti-static sleeve to ensure that it stays that way. $12 shipped in the US, send me a PM if interested. 

Edited by dreamover