Pierce The Veil - Misadventures (5.13.16)

Holy shit.  I thought that was going to be a really good rant but it was actually just kind of embarrassing.  I don't really have words – but I definitely feel like I'm getting my money's worth out of a Pierce The Veil thread.

i mean, it wasn't really a rant and if i'm embarrassed by anything it is just engaging this conversation at all because i knew what it was going to get me. and yet i'm still doing it....

sincerely though Derek, i guess i was just surprised by the amount of negativity purely because, technically, all i did was take an off topic thread further off topic, and like i said you could make a karaoke thread if it was really so important that you all found it fit to reply like you did. that's all, i was just having fun, and still am, although i don't really have any desire to keep this going so this is all i'll say. i was just giving it back a bit and yeah, feathers were ruffled.

i think my post, while long winded, made fair points, and go figure neither response i got refutes it, but instead just claim "tl;dr" (was it really?) or "i don't have the words," which i don't doubt. i'm not going to resort to name calling or "lol trolled you" or something stupid, the logic of my post is sound IMO but i've definitely had my fill of this.

i mean, it wasn't really a rant and if i'm embarrassed by anything it is just engaging this conversation at all because i knew what it was going to get me. and yet i'm still doing it....

sincerely though Derek, i guess i was just surprised by the amount of negativity purely because, technically, all i did was take an off topic thread further off topic, and like i said you could make a karaoke thread if it was really so important that you all found it fit to reply like you did. that's all, i was just having fun, and still am, although i don't really have any desire to keep this going so this is all i'll say. i was just giving it back a bit and yeah, feathers were ruffled.

i think my post, while long winded, made fair points, and go figure neither response i got refutes it, but instead just claim "tl;dr" (was it really?) or "i don't have the words," which i don't doubt. i'm not going to resort to name calling or "lol trolled you" or something stupid, the logic of my post is sound IMO but i've definitely had my fill of this.

Since you took the time to seriously address everything in this joke-of-a-thread, I'd like to repay the effort and explain where I'm personally coming from.

maybe you guys should start a karaoke thread and you can post pages and pages of song lyrics like you're on reddit or something?1

it's not like i was sincerely hoping you would post Last Resort lyrics. i was just making a joke, i forget how easy it is to ruffle feathers on VC, my truly absolutely sincere apologies Derek2. i'm glad i did though because the one guy getting legitimately upset and calling me rude for interrupting the "sing along" was hilarious. 

plus people complain on VC all the time when a thread goes "off topic." see the CONVERGE YFM 10 year anniversary thread and multiple users bitching that there was too much ISIS talk. well the karaoke train, besides being pretty tired, has a lot less content than that, but i guess it's cool because it's not converge lol.3

if you're going to whine that someone interrupted your lyrics posting, intentionally or not, then yeah maybe make a thread for it where it belongs. or post here and accept that you might not complete it. theoretically, the threat of it "not succeeding" is part of what makes it entertaining for you guys to post anyway so i actually did you a service. now when you get a whole song done it will feel REALLY good!!!!4

plus, if you want to nitpick, the guy who was actually offended was making multiple posts- which is both kind of sad and not a true train, since two people could do it in five minutes- and Secular haze technically got it wrong from the get go because the song starts with three Bicycles, not two, so maybe you guys actually should attend TRYHARD101 instead of getting all huffy and puffy about something so totally insignificant as me posting some papa roach lyrics?5

i realize how ridiculous this post is as well as the fact that it will not change your minds but i do feel that it conveys how silly you are being.6

1 – I wouldn't say it's about the principle of a karaoke thread.  This isn't "reddit or something"; the forums don't need a dedicated topic where users take turns posting lyrics, you're right.  But reading Queen lyrics in sequence is still more interesting than following details on a Pierce the Veil record in 2016.  Everyone seemed on board with that, and - joking or not - diving in to shift gears just seems unfunny in a bizarre, contrarian kind of way.  That's all I'm saying.  It could very well be that you and I have a very different sense of humor, but, whatever.

2 – You say absolutely sincerest apologies but I get the impression they're anything but.  Don't get me wrong; I'm into sarcasm... but I'm not being sarcastic when I say that you should be directing your apology to everyone, and not just me – reminding the world that Papa Roach were a thing is fairly apologetic behavior, and I truly wish this thread didn't have to come to that.

3 – Close.  It's "cool" because it's Pierce the Veil.  Scope the entirety of the first page: play by play, OP posts link and info.  Travis swoops in to announce the standard Hot Topic exclusive since this band is completely par for the Hot Topic garbo-course.  Third post questions reality (read: ridiculousness of this thread to begin with), and from there is just goes full karaoke.  A few posts near the bottom asking if this band is still relevant.  Someone chimes in that the band's bassist wrecked his ex girlfriend.  And that's a wrap.  Basically, it was going to be a shit-show regardless of how it was approached.  And that's not really the case with that Converge thread – especially since it was garnering interest from plenty of people who've outgrown mallcore, and had legitimate excitement to share.

[To give credit where it's due, though, you're right: the Isis chatter was out of control in that Converge thread, despite both bands containing an overlap in their fanbases, and also being worth discussing.  There's a time and a place and that derailment went on for too long, even though someone eventually called it out.  I blame Gumbo, though.  Always blame Gumbo.]

4 – No.

5 – I mean I guess.  But this just boils down to the whole contrarian thing I mentioned earlier.  Maybe it is who owes you my absolutely sincerest apologies for not seeing eye to eye with your sense of humor.  I'm willing to accept that as a very real possibility.  My bad.

6 – I'm glad you can accept how ridiculous that rant is and how comparably absurd some of the responses will be.  (This one notwithstanding.)  But I'm here to remind you that this a Pierce the Veil thread and we're all currently in the thick of it.  No one should be spitting angsty posts from any soapboxes.

giphy.gif

Since you took the time to seriously address everything in this joke-of-a-thread, I'd like to repay the effort and explain where I'm personally coming from.

1 – I wouldn't say it's about the principle of a karaoke thread.  This isn't "reddit or something"; the forums don't need a dedicated topic where users take turns posting lyrics, you're right.  But reading Queen lyrics in sequence is still more interesting than following details on a Pierce the Veil record in 2016.  Everyone seemed on board with that, and - joking or not - diving in to shift gears just seems unfunny in a bizarre, contrarian kind of way.  That's all I'm saying.  It could very well be that you and I have a very different sense of humor, but, whatever.

2 – You say absolutely sincerest apologies but I get the impression they're anything but.  Don't get me wrong; I'm into sarcasm... but I'm not being sarcastic when I say that you should be directing your apology to everyone, and not just me – reminding the world that Papa Roach were a thing is fairly apologetic behavior, and I truly wish this thread didn't have to come to that.

3 – Close.  It's "cool" because it's Pierce the Veil.  Scope the entirety of the first page: play by play, OP posts link and info.  Travis swoops in to announce the standard Hot Topic exclusive since this band is completely par for the Hot Topic garbo-course.  Third post questions reality (read: ridiculousness of this thread to begin with), and from there is just goes full karaoke.  A few posts near the bottom asking if this band is still relevant.  Someone chimes in that the band's bassist wrecked his ex girlfriend.  And that's a wrap.  Basically, it was going to be a shit-show regardless of how it was approached.  And that's not really the case with that Converge thread – especially since it was garnering interest from plenty of people who've outgrown mallcore, and had legitimate excitement to share.

[To give credit where it's due, though, you're right: the Isis chatter was out of control in that Converge thread, despite both bands containing an overlap in their fanbases, and also being worth discussing.  There's a time and a place and that derailment went on for too long, even though someone eventually called it out.  I blame Gumbo, though.  Always blame Gumbo.]

4 – No.

5 – I mean I guess.  But this just boils down to the whole contrarian thing I mentioned earlier.  Maybe it is who owes you my absolutely sincerest apologies for not seeing eye to eye with your sense of humor.  I'm willing to accept that as a very real possibility.  My bad.

6 – I'm glad you can accept how ridiculous that rant is and how comparably absurd some of the responses will be.  (This one notwithstanding.)  But I'm here to remind you that this a Pierce the Veil thread and we're all currently in the thick of it.  No one should spitting angsty posts from any soapboxes.

giphy.gif

yeah i was definitely being a dick in that post and i was being sarcastic ofc, i took the points to an extreme but it's clear from your post you get where i was coming from and both outlooks are valid so long as there's recognition of the other as being somewhat insincere (as in i was being unnecessarily nitpicky and should've just let everyone have their fun).

a PTV thread is ideal for shitposting, no doubt it. i was being a contrarian but given some of the posts (not yours) it seemed like a good time to be one. VC is not a great forum for that kind of behavior though and tbqh i should've learned my lesson a long, long time ago.

but i was being sincere a moment ago when i said that i meant no ill will and was just having a laugh, so thanks for reciprocating. 

if it must be said, papa roach is obv not good music but i was hoping to be funny with the juxtaposition of those anthemic intro lines. to me, that's funnier than the karaoke, but as you say different strokes. i suppose i failed in doing so but they can't all be winners. 

it would've been best to not indulge myself and just take the abuse but oh well i'm only human. i'll do the board a favor and not put anyone through anymore. all my best and i appreciate the classic Coby Dick olive branch, it was just what i needed. 

tl;dr s'all good bra

The signed Polaroid shows as a $0.01 charge on the e-mail receipt, so you should know whether you got one or not ($17.49 for the record, $0.50 for the digital download, and $0.01 for the polaroid)

Saw that. Guess I did get one.

Wasn't sure if that just showed up on all orders.

For anyone who listens to them... They announced a tour for this album and are going to play it in its entirety

Tour Dates

JUNE 5 HOUSE OF BLUES, LAS VEGAS, NV

JUNE 7 SUMMIT MUSIC HALL, DENVER, CO

JUNE 8 GRANADA THEATRE, LAWRENCE, KS

JUNE 10 HOUSE OF BLUES, CHICAGO, IL

JUNE 11 ST. ANDREWS HALL, DETROIT, MI

JUNE 12 HOUSE OF BLUES, CLEVELAND, OH

JUNE 14 PARADISE ROCK CLUB, BOSTON, MA

JUNE 15 IRVING PLAZA, NEW YORK, NY

JUNE 17 THEATRE OF LIVING ARTS, PHILADELPHIA, PA

JUNE 18 THE NORVA, NORFOLK, VA

JUNE 19 MASQUERADE, ATLANTA, GA