PO || SUMAC - What One Becomes

Guest Secular Haze

The title track on The Deal has the greatest intro riff, and easily the heaviest on the album.  I can only hope that What One Becomes continues the bone crushing thickness.

This is drenched in that unmistakable Albini production that I've been craving more of for quite some time.  Thanks for the link and rec, as always.

Derek,

Check out Craw if you havent

First 3 records recorded by Albini, Last record put out by Hydrahead

Box set of the first 3 avail with an awesome book and even commentary by A. Turner

http://craw.bandcamp.com/

So is this one gatefold? Looks like cd is can't tell if lp is by the description.

Also, think it comes with the insert that the CD does?

Cheers

I don't believe it's a gatefold since the description specifically calls out the "wide spine jacket" - it will be the same type of jacket as The Deal, I presume.

Also: ordered. Thanks!

Derek,

Check out Craw if you havent

First 3 records recorded by Albini, Last record put out by Hydrahead

Box set of the first 3 avail with an awesome book and even commentary by A. Turner

http://craw.bandcamp.com/

Craw is also news to me. Thank you for the suggestion – definitely looking into that link as soon as I'm able.

I am really glad the clear was still available, haven't been on in a few days and thought I might have missed it when I saw the preorder went up yesterday, just based on how fast The Deal initially went though.

I'm curious to hear how many clear copies Thrill Jockey pressed, but I think it's safe to assume it's more than 110 this time around.

I bet that the clear is limited to 500 copies seeing pressing infos of other records from Thrill Jockey:

- Limited edition of 500 copies are pressed on clear vinyl and available exclusively through Thrill Jockey mailorder.

- A limited edition of 500 copies is pressed on yellow vinyl.

First 500 copies pressed on white vinyl.

- A limited edition of 500 copies are pressed on opaque green color vinyl.

- Translucent orange vinyl edition of 500 copies is available exclusively through Thrill Jockey mailorder 

- First 400 copies pressed on gold vinyl.

And the clear What One Becomes is a TJ exclusive, but who knows..

I bet that the clear is limited to 500 copies seeing pressing infos of other records from Thrill Jockey:

- Limited edition of 500 copies are pressed on clear vinyl and available exclusively through Thrill Jockey mailorder.

- First 500 copies pressed on white vinyl.

- A limited edition of 500 copies are pressed on opaque green color vinyl.

- Translucent orange vinyl edition of 500 copies is available exclusively through Thrill Jockey mailorder

- First 400 copies pressed on gold vinyl.

And the clear What One Becomes is a TJ exclusive, but who knows..

Possible but various other colors will likely show up too. I have gotten colors from them and retail they don't even show listings for

- Limited edition of 500 copies are pressed on clear vinyl and available exclusively through Thrill Jockey mailorder.

First 500 copies pressed on white vinyl.

- A limited edition of 500 copies are pressed on opaque green color vinyl.

- Translucent orange vinyl edition of 500 copies is available exclusively through Thrill Jockey mailorder 

- First 400 copies pressed on gold vinyl.

And the clear What One Becomes is a TJ exclusive, but who knows..

I am confused are these colors just speculation? Or are these just taken straight off of their previous releases.