PO || SUMAC - What One Becomes

2 hours ago, elnombre91 said:

Oh damn. If they're still available on Friday I may grab one. I doubt that though. Damn international shipping costs.

12$ for shipping is not so bad at all honestly. Sige might have the most reasonable shipping prices. Came to 30€ shipped which is pretty much what any double LP would cost in retail over here.

I had to grab the grey because it just looked so much better. Although I also got the clear through Thrill Jockey UK I'll be selling that then. Spreading that Sumac love around these parts.

Edited by JoshuaNilk

5 hours ago, JoshuaNilk said:

12$ for shipping is not so bad at all honestly. Sige might have the most reasonable shipping prices. Came to 30€ shipped which is pretty much what any double LP would cost in retail over here.

Damn, that's good! If there's a grey left on Friday I'm definitely grabbing it.

Got stung with a 17 quid import fee when I bought The Deal, so hopefully that doesn't happen again.

Finally listened to this album and it's much better than I was expecting because "Rigid Man" was the first song to be released and that's probably the weakest song on the album. Hard to say if I'll be able to pick a favorite of the two albums since I feel they're pretty different in concept; WOB feels more like a post-rock/metal album with its long builds to peaks that are absolutely mind-blowing. Like, can we talk about how beautiful the last third of "Blackout" is?

On 30/5/2016 at 9:21 PM, bortx said:

So what's "THE DEAL" with these two? Are they the same variant? They look completely different but both are said to be Grey band exclusive.

wob.jpg

I contacted TJ to make some clearness on this point and this is their reply:

"The marbled / splatter version is the variant the band have on tour. 
The opaque grey, was just a "mock up" made ahead of the release - so the marbled one is the only Grey version"