PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

I would love for Thrice to dispel the assumption that they're all a bunch of dads who've gone soft around the edges during their hiatus, and are prone to returning with a comparably gospel-y followup to Major / Minor.

I believe there's been fairly recent interviews where Dustin has stated that he's striving to keep religious themes isolated to his solo work and have Thrice as its own entity.  It's never really bugged me before, personally, but I know that rubs a few people the wrong way.

I would love for Thrice to dispel the assumption that they're all a bunch of dads who've gone soft around the edges during their hiatus, and are prone to returning with a comparably gospel-y followup to Major / Minor.

I believe there's been fairly recent interviews where Dustin has stated that he's striving to keep religious themes isolated to his solo work and have Thrice as its own entity.  It's never really bugged me before, personally, but I know that rubs a few people the wrong way.

Interesting sentiment. Every album from Thrice has religious themes in it, but what I thought was always so cool about a band like them is that they had/have these clearly religious themes in their song titles/lyrics but were vague enough that people could listen to it and miss a lot of it or entirely. 

I need to hear whatever that song was that has Dustin full on screaming into the mic they posted on their IG a while back. Could be my favorite tease ever.

link that!! your description made me excited. Dustin's screaming in 2016??

also, are they still on Vagrant or imprint Staple where they released anthology? as they are not really any "scene" bands left there...