PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

Interesting sentiment. Every album from Thrice has religious themes in it, but what I thought was always so cool about a band like them is that they had/have these clearly religious themes in their song titles/lyrics but were vague enough that people could listen to it and miss a lot of it or entirely. 

I'm in agreement with you there, but M/M really amped up those religious tones, in my opinion.  I personally couldn't care less, really, but there's no denying they were heading in a more lyrically religious direction on the last album.  I think I read a post on the actual M/M thread where someone was blasting the CD in their car, and their friend / girlfriend asked at what point the listener got into worship music.  (If memory serves me right, it was Listen Through Me that was the culprit.)

It's all good to my ears, but I'm sure they'll appease quite a few fans who aren't thrilled on the preachy component of Dustin's lyrics.

I'm in agreement with you there, but M/M really amped up those religious tones, in my opinion. I personally couldn't care less, really, but there's no denying they were heading in a more lyrically religious direction on the last album. I think I read a post on the actual M/M thread where someone was blasting the CD in their car, and their friend / girlfriend asked at what point the listener got into worship music. (If memory serves me right, it was Listen Through Me that was the culprit.)

It's all good to my ears, but I'm sure they'll appease quite a few fans who aren't thrilled on the preachy component of Dustin's lyrics.

I think that's why fans don't mind, because people know the religious Christian component to his lyrics are there. But I'd contend that they aren't "preachy" at all. There's a difference between believing something and believing in something and forcing it down other people's throats. His religious views have always been there, but he never words things in a way where to make anyone think they're dumb or wrong to think otherwise. That is why I think people don't mind his lyrics. Just my two cents.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B01DCX8HLU

May 27th is the release date.

also tracklisting:

1. Hurricane
  2. Blood On The Sand
  3. The Window
  4. Wake Up
  5. The Long Defeat
  6. Seneca
  7. Black Honey
  8. Stay With Me
  9. Death From Above
  10. Whistleblower
  11. Salt And Shadow

What the fuck.

Haha, I know I'm in the minority.

With a few exceptions, I've never been able to get into anything even remotely 'screamo', and I can't handle Dustin's voice pre-Vheissu.  That being said, I love the later live recordings because vocally he delivers those older songs in a much more appealing (to me) way.