PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

If you ordered a copy of this when the black showed up on there web store after amazon put up pre-orders and your butt hurt that it might not be limited you must be very new to record collecting...

To be fair it was described as 180g black /1000. There could have easily been an additional retail variant.

I've listened to "Blood On The Sand" about 10 times now and while it's catchy it just doesn't sound like Thrice to me. It sounds like Dustin is singing with a different band. I feel like these guys have had a lot of time to make this record and the first single doesn't sound like they put a whole lot of effort into it. They had the perfect opportunity to take as much time and put as much effort into the album as possible because people weren't expecting an album from them. Hopefully after the album comes out I can change my tune. Still holding out hope for a great record!

I didn't go back too far on the pages but saw some discussions about the single, so here's my thoughts;

If you read the lyrics it's more of a statement song rather than a radio friendly single, this I want to believe is just a statement song that they're back and they've matured. If you look at their instagram they posted a song teaser in the last week that is very much Thrice, the ambient ominous Thrice that we've all grown to love, that's what i think the new record will sound like. This is the first time since before Artist that I haven't been head over heels on the first listen to to one of their songs. i really think that this is just a teaser/we're back kind of song prior to them releasing a "real Thrice" single over the next month. BOTS lyrics below to check for yourself.

We wave our flags, we swallow fear like medicine

We kiss the hands of profiteers and their congressmen
But I've seen too much (Of this human hate)
Yeah, I've had enough (And I'm not afraid)
To raise a shout, to make it clear
This has to end

There's blood on the sand, there's blood in the street and there's
A gun in my hand or there might as well be and I'm
Sick of it
I'm so sick of it

We panic at the sight of different colored skin
We've got a plan to justify each mess we're in
But I've seen too much (Of this human hate)
I've had enough (And I'm not afraid)
To take a stand, to make it right
This has to end

There's blood on the sand, there's blood on the street and there's
A gun in my hand or there might as well be and I'm
Sick of it
I'm so sick of it

Fear will kill your mind
And steal your love as sure as anything
Fear will rob you blind
And make you numb to all the suffering
And I've felt its touch
Too many times and I've had enough
I've had enough!

There's blood on the sand, there's blood in the street and there's
A gun in your hand or there might as well be; are you
Sick of it?
I'm so sick of it

There's blood on the sand
There's blood in the street
There's a gun in your hand
Or there's might as well be
Aren't you sick of it?
I'm just sick of this
CAUSE I'M SICK OF THIS, I'M SICK OF THIS
I'M SO SICK OF THIS MESS!

Missed out on the limited version but grabbed the standard off of amazon for $22 shipped. I love thrice and have for a long time, but I don't stress any more about their variants as the fanbase is crazy.

I bought M/M off amazon when it first came out and it was the blue splatter. Maybe the retail variant will be something cool.

Missed out on the limited version but grabbed the standard off of amazon for $22 shipped. I love thrice and have for a long time, but I don't stress any more about their variants as the fanbase is crazy.

I bought M/M off amazon when it first came out and it was the blue splatter. Maybe the retail variant will be something cool.

See this is the right attitude to have when buying records. Bravo for not complaining and being happy that you can own the music on vinyl.

'It sounds like Foo Fighters' is just shorthand for 'I don't like it', apparently. People said it about the last Refused record too despite the lack of any resemblance to Dave Grohl's Diminishing Returns.

To be fair, that refused record was horrible.

I like the new thrice song. I don't love it - but they've never written a record that I didn't like as a whole.

A single is hardly ever a reflection of the album as a whole. Especially when it comes to stuff that we all listen to. Even more so take into the fact that a lot of albums are meant to be listened to AS AN ALBUM. Imagine that, right? A lot of songs taken out of context sound a little lack luster. But when you listen to it as an album, as it is intended, they blossom, and grow. That's what a good album does. Every song bringing out the best in the others.

It's just ridiculous to call what an album is going to be based off 10% of it. The only reason I listened is cause Thrice is forever changing; such a chameleon band. So I wanted to get a very mild taste of what they were doing. I heard guitar riffs and screaming and said 'OK, I'll bite'. Haven't listened since, and won't listen to anything till my copy comes in the mail (like I did with Caspian).

But really, this song sounds absolutely NOTHING like a Foo Fighters song, and I think I would know if it did. It really doesn't. Agreed that only with people who don't like it are making that odd, and completely wrong comparison.

We should really stop comparing them to the Foo Fighters though... this sounds nothing like a Foo Fighters song.

Generic radio rock is all the same. I'm indiffierent about both bands and can see what people mean. That song is bland enough to have been written by Dave Grohl. Not a shot fired but just my "stupid opinion" about what I hear.

I forgot Dave Grohl of VC is an expert because he took a couple minutes to change his profile name and avatar.