PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

Finally got around to listening to the single and it's a full on dud for me. I definitely hear what people are saying about it sounding like a generic hard rock song. I hope it works better in the album than it does as a stand alone song.

Me too. I thought Beggars royally sucked for the first few months of listening to it, but it's really grown on me. These guys are great song writers, I'm sure the album will rock.

I agree the song was a bit of a let down, but I feel like Thrice typically releases the worst song on the album as a preview. I'm not worried about this album being terrible. Thrice is one of the few bands that continues to push the envelope, and grow with their music. Dustin's voice is so different than what he has done on the last couple records, so I'm excited to listen to the album as a whole.

To me, it's always slightly mind blowing, to hear from bands you grew up listening to for years and years, while I became slightly successful, going to college and starting a career, that the artists I looked up to say stuff like, "I was just working in a coffee shop" I'm not trying to be an ass, but you forget that these artists are not rich and famous and are trying to make ends meet like you are. It's very cool and humbling

To me, it's always slightly mind blowing, to hear from bands you grew up listening to for years and years, while I became slightly successful, going to college and starting a career, that the artists I looked up to say stuff like, "I was just working in a coffee shop" I'm not trying to be an ass, but you forget that these artists are not rich and famous and are trying to make ends meet like you are. It's very cool and humbling

I was honestly really surprised when he said that. He could at least be working at a Guitar Center.

I was honestly really surprised when he said that. He could at least be working at a Guitar Center.

Not saying working in a coffee shop would be much more awesome but it's a way more under the radar. if I was a guy in a band that had any sort of notable success, im pretty sure the last place I'd wanna work at or be seen at by people afterward is a guitar center. All its gonna take is one person to realize that one dude that played bass in thrice works there and pretty much nobody's gonna wanna talk about anything other than that to him. Plus, it just kinda plays up that "washed-up musician" cliche a little too close.

I thought this was a pretty good read, for anyone interested. Dustin talks about the single, direction of the band going forward, and even has some lols at the knee-jerk reactions from trolls and whiny fans – a VC shoutout would've been awesome, but oh well.

I'm just surprised Fuse is still a thing.

This fits a good amount of dipshit comments in this thread: "People's grand opinions from the sidelines, and just detailed explanations of things they have no idea about, are very funny."