PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

3 hours ago, TheMightyQuinn said:

Care to elaborate on this? I'm not really sure what you mean. Are you saying that the general sound/vibe of the album falls in between these two tracks, where Blood on the Sand and Black Honey represent the polar extremes? The last thing I wanna do is knock Thrice, but if my interpretation of what you've said is correct, that would be a huge shame; as I think those songs are not terribly different from each other. 

Sure.

To me, these two songs do sound different and represent the two sides of this record (I wouldn't necessarily call them "extremes"). "Blood on the sand" is a catchy alternative rock song (simple verse-bridge-chorus structure, hookline in the chrous...). There are a few of these on the record, which make it easier accessible than Beggars or M/M to me. "Black honey" as well as "The window" (and others) are dirtier, groovier, more in the vein of said previous records.

If you are looking for extremes on single elements (e.g. ambient sounds ("Salt and shadow"), melodies ("Stay with me"), outbursts ("Death from above")...), you'll probably find them in every song. It's a diverse record, ranging from easy accessible hooklines to songs that need to grow on you.

Maybe that perception is also influenced by the fact that I've been following Thrice since Identity Crisis. My personal favourites are the first three records (or four, if you count First Impressions). However, they haven't lost me on their development since then and I enjoy their entire discography.

7 hours ago, xtobi-wanx said:

Sure.

To me, these two songs do sound different and represent the two sides of this record (I wouldn't necessarily call them "extremes"). "Blood on the sand" is a catchy alternative rock song (simple verse-bridge-chorus structure, hookline in the chrous...). There are a few of these on the record, which make it easier accessible than Beggars or M/M to me. "Black honey" as well as "The window" (and others) are dirtier, groovier, more in the vein of said previous records.

If you are looking for extremes on single elements (e.g. ambient sounds ("Salt and shadow"), melodies ("Stay with me"), outbursts ("Death from above")...), you'll probably find them in every song. It's a diverse record, ranging from easy accessible hooklines to songs that need to grow on you.

Maybe that perception is also influenced by the fact that I've been following Thrice since Identity Crisis. My personal favourites are the first three records (or four, if you count First Impressions). However, they haven't lost me on their development since then and I enjoy their entire discography.

This was super helpful. Thanks! Thrice has been my favorite band since The Artist in the Ambulance and my favorite records of theirs are Vheissu and TAI. 

Maybe I came across a bit negative on my last post- I totally didn't mean to. There's really no way Thrice could "lose me." 

This might be a big maybe but want to feel this out, I bought a second colored version for my co worker because he said he wanted it but didn't have the funds but now says he doesn't like what he's heard and not sure he wants it.... If he doesn't would someone want it here at cost? That's IF he doesn't change his mind and take it. 

6 minutes ago, jose said:

sadly the show is soldout already. (yesterday you either had to call in or visit the store to preorder the album to get on the guest list)

I bought an extra ticket in case one of my friends wanted to go but I'm not sure if anyone will. If they dont then I will message you (Niku) next week and see if you want to buy my extra ticket (Also known as a CD pre-order.)

20 minutes ago, MayCauseDeath said:

This might be a big maybe but want to feel this out, I bought a second colored version for my co worker because he said he wanted it but didn't have the funds but now says he doesn't like what he's heard and not sure he wants it.... If he doesn't would someone want it here at cost? That's IF he doesn't change his mind and take it. 

On March 25, 2016 at 9:28 AM, TXDRMST said:

Leave it to me to sleep through the most important pre-order of the year. Can anyone PM me with a price if they got an extra copy?