PO: Thrice - To Be Everywhere Is to Be Nowhere

28 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Are you able to return it for the one you ordered? Have heard some say that they were only offered a refund and that they didn't have any more of the smoke variants. 

I'd also like to know this.

Haven't received mine yet, should be tomorrow as it has been sitting 5 minutes away from me all weekend. 

29 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Are you able to return it for the one you ordered? Have heard some say that they were only offered a refund and that they didn't have any more of the smoke variants. 

I haven't heard anything back from their customer service, I emailed them on friday morning when i got my album. i figure that they screwed this up and there will be no smoke left to send out. 

34 minutes ago, thomasj182 said:

I haven't heard anything back from their customer service, I emailed them on friday morning when i got my album. i figure that they screwed this up and there will be no smoke left to send out. 

22 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

I ordered smoke and got black too... 

This is really, really shitty. You guys think the distributor(s) just payed no mind whatsoever to the different variants and sent them out as if there wasn't a distinction between orders? I'm expecting mine tomorrow... 

Just now, TheMightyQuinn said:

This is really, really shitty. You guys think the distributor(s) just payed no mind whatsoever to the different variants and sent them out as if there wasn't a distinction between orders? I'm expecting mine tomorrow... 

I know I saw at least one record store on eBay selling smoke variants. That got me thinking that maybe they received those instead of the standard retail. But I haven't seen any others. 

4 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

I know I saw at least one record store on eBay selling smoke variants. That got me thinking that maybe they received those instead of the standard retail. But I haven't seen any others. 

WEAK. This is quite literally the only band that I care enough about to get upset over shit like this. Ideal scenario: do a 2nd press exclusively for those who ordered smoke and send them an ACTUAL "smoke" variant fo free!

Edited by TheMightyQuinn

2 hours ago, TheMightyQuinn said:

WEAK. This is quite literally the only band that I care enough about to get upset over shit like this. Ideal scenario: do a 2nd press exclusively for those who ordered smoke and send them an ACTUAL "smoke" variant fo free!

:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, ejc625 said:

I received and email almost immediately after filling out the customer service form Friday afternoon. Email has a link to a return postage label and a link to a return / exchange form. Going to be sending mine out today. 

9 hours ago, TheMightyQuinn said:

I think that's exactly what happened, it didn't say on the plastic wrap which variant was inside like most now a days do. It was either they paid 0 attention packing and just shipped them out or there was a mistake at the plant and nothing was labeled. However either the case they screwed up big time and it's not an isolated problem it seems

1 hour ago, thomasj182 said:

I think that's exactly what happened, it didn't say on the plastic wrap which variant was inside like most now a days do. It was either they paid 0 attention packing and just shipped them out or there was a mistake at the plant and nothing was labeled. However either the case they screwed up big time and it's not an isolated problem it seems

I tried to ask about this a few pages ago but nobody answered. The "smoke" variants have hype stickers on the front proclaiming it is a limited variant.

I just got off the phone with customer service for Thrice's store. The guy told me that the box came in labeled smoke variant but the box was mislabeled and it happened to the first 20-30 orders. He said they're requesting more from the distro but there's no timeline or even guarantee that there's any smoke variants left. He refunded the full amount and let me keep the 180g copy I got. However, he said I could hold off and wait to see if anymore smoke copies come in but I opted to take the free album. Here's the number I called, 1877-687-4277 

4 minutes ago, thomasj182 said:

I just got off the phone with customer service for Thrice's store. The guy told me that the box came in labeled smoke variant but the box was mislabeled and it happened to the first 20-30 orders. He said they're requesting more from the distro but there's no timeline or even guarantee that there's any smoke variants left. He refunded the full amount and let me keep the 180g copy I got. However, he said I could hold off and wait to see if anymore smoke copies come in but I opted to take the free album. Here's the number I called, 1877-687-4277 

seriously the best outcome. You got a free 180g black record instead of an awful grey marble record that looks nothing like the description.

Received the smoke I ordered... phew. Truly, my heart's out to those of you who got shafted. 

One thing that hasn't been discussed, at least not that I've seen, is the sound quality of the record. Those of you that have spun it already: how does it stack up to the sound quality of their previous releases (i.e. the most recent repress of Vheissu, and the 180g The Illusion of Safety, for example)?

2 hours ago, thomasj182 said:

Was that the first 20-30 orders ti get shipped out? Or the first 20-30 orders placed when the site went live? You may not know the answer to this. I'd probably be in the first 20-30 orders range with my order, so I'm still a bit worried. 

I expect my copy to arrive today.